New year's resolution (of revenge)!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, Dec 7, 2014.

?

What new year's resolution should I pick?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2015.
  1. Establish a restaurant of my own, (where large portions will be served).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Set up my own gardening shop, (specializing only in hard to find and/or made to order stuff).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Build an extremely powerful astronomical telescope.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Almost always, many of us make new year resolutions. However be it for one reason or another, very few get to complete it... Still, I think I'll now give it one solid try - And so what better to do, then to stand up and fight the very things which annoyed me the most!

But I can't put a dent in everything which I dislike, as that will take too much resources... So being realistic, I narrowed it down to 3 things which I'd love to do next year. However of the 3, I need to pick 1 - As that will become an attainable goal.

So my first option is to open a restaurant, which will serve large portions, (as they used to when I was a kid). Because these days I get really annoyed when I order food, but get a quantity which will be fit for only a mouse. I really don't know if this has started to happen in your part of the world also - But over here this disgusting trend has really caught on in a big way. Quality of the food and taste is still good in many areas, price is also the same. But when it comes to quantity, you literally will be cheated...

So this is new year's resolution #1 - To open up a restaurant of my own, which will give large portions! I will not do this for profit (I'll be happy to just break even, as well as provide employment to about a dozen people). Because my actual aim for doing this is strictly to annoy all the other restaurant owners!!!

New year's resolution #2 is to open up my own gardening shop! Yes, exactly like all the other restaurants, gardening shops too have now started to really annoy me a lot... All they sell is plastic furniture and lights made in China, (which first loses it's color in sunlight, and then deteriorates within a year). And their seeds too are now of a very poor quality. So nothing they sell today is build to last... Therefore, wanting to get even with them also, I plan to open my own gardening shop! Which will specialize only in hard to find and/or made to order gardening stuff, (including tools which I'll design and build myself)! And yes, my gardening shop will take online orders too, as well as ship stuff internationally! :D

Again, this will not be for profit (as I've got other stuff for that). So this too will strictly be for annoying all the other gardening shop owners in my area! :p

Anyway, new year's resolution #3 is to not bother with trying to improve the world by irritating those who annoyed me the most - But to simply focus on building something that I had always dreamt about since childhood. A really powerful astronomical telescope! Far more powerful than anything commercially available. This I'll actually be doing because I really want to thumb my nose at Karachi University's observatory!

So people, what do you think I should start doing next year? Help me decide please... I can't do all 3, Well, actually I can in my bravado sure attempt them all at once - But I know I'll fail that way, (due to shortage of time). So being a realist, I think if I pick just 1 of these 3. Then there's a very good chance that I'll attain it by the end of next year, (without causing any disruption in my regular activities).
    :stew1:

2. Loading...