No way - no how!!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by eileen, Jul 30, 2017.

1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I've been away on holiday for the past week and came back to nearly 400 posts!! :smt101 If I've missed birthdays, anniversaries or any other special events there's just no way I will catch up but best wishes, congratulations or well done to everyone I've missed saying it to. :(
    Next time I go away I'm banning you all from posting until I get back. ;)

2. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

:smt043:rofl::smt043

I know the feeling! Luckily I can take my virtual world everywhere I go so I never get behind.

Well you at least have to go check out my last thread....I changed my hair..sort of. Hope you like teal! ;):p

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Eileen, you answer so many posts in such a positive way that we can easily forgive a few missed posts while you are on vacation. Hope you had a great vacation, enjoyed every moment, and now that you are back, we'll enjoy hearing from you!

Frank likes this.
  4. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

I've been going away every now and then this year and I was not able to do any real planting. Most of the crop that I planted either didn't make it to maturity or just to matured to be eaten. The weeds are having a fun time. This mid-August we will be away again for another month maybe and I hope it will be our last long trip for the year.

I had so much wanted to plant the tomato seeds that Carolyn sent me with two pages of tips to care for tomatoes. Thank you so much for your trouble and I'm sorry I'm not able to get it planted yet! :) Hopefully by September I'll be able to do so.

Advertisement
  5. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I'm glad your back and I do hope you enjoyed your vacation. :) I hope you took pictures so we can enjoy - secondhand- your vacation.

6. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

Almost all of those 4 hundred posts were about how much we were missing you. :whistling::p Welcome back.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Welcome back Eileen :)

8. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Awww....you actually went and looked! And even had such nice things to say! :) Thanks honey. :heart:

I really hope you had a wonderful vacay. Where'd you go and what did you do? Pics?

9. eileen

Ronni we went to Cornwall. Booked it at the last minute - BIG mistake!! More of that later though. I'll get my 'photos sorted but there really aren't many. I'm just so glad to be home. I think we're cursed to always have things go wrong with our holidays. :frustrated:

10. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Well that sucks! :( I'm sorry honey. Wanna talk about what went wrong? Sounds like it's not the first time...you and holidays apparently don't see eye to eye! :crying:

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You didn't break any bones on this vacation did you?

12. eileen

Nope no broken bones thankfully Toni. Just not the best holiday we could have gone on. If I see another hedge it will be too soon and as for congested traffic - don't get me started. Anyway I'll tell you the whole tale once I've dealt with the aftermath of being away. Where does all the washing come from? I'm sure it was breeding in our case. :rolleyes:

Frank likes this.
  13. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

Sorry you didn't enjoy your trip. My visits have always been good. I sent a birthday wish to Frank for you as I knew you would if you had been home.

14. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Sorry to hear that your trip went astray. We're going to try your side of the pond next week. I hope the rain abates while we are there. Did you have lots of rain?

Jerry

15. eileen

Firstly thanks Kildale for sending birthday wishes to Frank for me. :smt008 We had no connection where we were staying so I couldn't do it myself.

Jerry it's kind of half and half here at the moment. Some sunshine and then heavy showers then back to sunshine again. It's not cold though but the midges are biting. The further north in Scotland you go the nastier their bites are. I'm sure they come with pneumatic drills attached.:setc_081:

Frank likes this.