Norwegians and temperatures

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Droopy, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

This went around a few years back. Don't take all of it literally:

+15 deg C This is as warm as it gets in Norway, so we'll start here. People in Spain wear winter-coats and gloves. The Norwegians are out in the sun, getting a tan.

+10 deg C The French are trying in vain to start their central heating. The Norwegians plant flowers in their gardens.

+5 deg C Italian cars won't start. The Norwegians are cruising in cabriolets.

0 deg C Distilled water freezes. The water in Oslo Fjord gets a little thicker.

-5 deg C People in California almost freeze to death. The Norwegians have their final barbecue before winter.

-10 deg C The Brits start heating their houses. The Norwegians start using long sleeves.

-15 deg C The Aussies flee from Mallorca. The Norwegians end their Midsummer celebrations. Autumn is here.

-20 deg C People in Greece die from the cold and disappear from the face of the earth. The Norwegians start drying their laundry indoors.

-30 deg C Paris start cracking from the cold. The Norwegians stand in line at the hotdog stands.

-50 deg C Polar bears start evacuating the North Pole. The Norwegian army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter weather.

-70 deg C Santa moves south. The Norwegian army goes out on winter survival training.

-183 deg C Microbes in food don't survive. The Norwegian cows complain that the farmers' hands are cold.

-273 deg C All atom and subatomic particles movement halts. The Norwegians start saying "Faen, its cold outside today."

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 Sounds a lot like one we have here about us Scots!!!

3. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Ha ha hehehehe

I especially like the Italian car pun.

And at 5 degrees I would probable live, eat and sleep in front of the fireplace.

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What a funny thing.
    I have to smile at these sorts of things everytime. clever.
    Thanks for the post

Advertisement
  5. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

hahahahha,,, omg!!! fy faen,,, how true is that,,, (comming from the artic here)

we had a great laugh over that, an kept saying to each other,,,jepp, jepp, shaking our heads and agreeing with each one we read.

What even funnier is have 2 rugs hanging out under the porch shed drying,,,, hahahaha,,(hey the sun hits there) ain't nothing like freeze dried.

6. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

We've adapted your version for us here in Wisconsin US. Here's our version (in F):

WISCONSINTES ARE A TOUGH BUNCH...

60 above zero: Floridians turn on the heat. People in Wisconsin plant gardens.
    50 above zero: Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Wisconsin sunbathe.
    40 above zero: Italian and English cars won't start. People in Wisconsin drive with the windows down.
    32 above zero: Distilled water freezes. The water in Wisconsin gets thicker.
    20 above zero: Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats. People in Wisconsin throw on a flannel shirt.
    15 above zero: New York landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Wisconsin have the last cookout before it gets cold.
    Zero: People in Miami all die. Wisconsinites close the windows.
    10 below zero: Californians fly away to Mexico. People in Wisconsin get out their winter coats.
    25 below zero: Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Scouts in Wisconsin are selling cookies door to door.
    40 below zero: Washington, D.C. runs out of hot air. People in Wisconsin let the dogs sleep indoors.
    100 below zero: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Wisconsinites get upset because they can't start the mini-van.
    460 below zero: All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale.) People in Wisconsin start saying... "Cold 'nuff fer ya?''
    500 below zero: Hell freezes over. Wisconsin public schools will open two hours late.

7. Droopy

:D I can tell all hardy folks have their own version of this! Love some of your points kaseylib.

8. Biita

hahahaha thats funny Kasey,,, well i have been saying wisconsin is alot like up here.. very close.

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

If its 55 and windy in Texas its cold but come visit us in the Summer late July or August and see how you from the cold fairs.:)

10. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Gosh

I have to concede defeat here. :D
    I am a bit of a Californian in this case.

11. Droopy

You'd probably find me in your deep freezer. :D

12. Biita

lol,, i would be a puddle in the middle of the yard.

13. jungseed

jungseed Seedling

Guess this just goes to show there are alot of us Norwegians in Wisconsin.

14. Droopy

From what I've heard there are more Norwegians in the US than in Norway.

15. jungseed

jungseed Seedling

I would believe that - most of the people in the mid-west seem to be some part Norwegian.