Old line cantaloupe seeds to share,,

Discussion in 'Plant and Seed Exchange' started by mart, Feb 4, 2014.

1. mart

mart Strong Ash

I have an excess of old line cantaloupe seeds. These have been grown and saved by the same family for many years. They are the sweetest I have ever eaten. Would be happy to share for SASE. And since I have never done this before,,does everyone think 25 seeds each is enough. I don`t know the size of everyones garden.

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Mart, I want to try them again this year. Last year was a terrible year for melons for me. Way too wet at the beginning of the season and COLD all summer, so none of mine did well.

I think 25 is a decent number for any packet of seeds. I don't actually know of too many people who actually grow more than 6 at a time. They take up a lot of space and a lot of people don't have as much as I do. Maybe if someone wants more they can ask for 2 packets if you have them divided out into individual packets already instead of making you recount them.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

I don`t have anything to put them in except an envelope. Figured that would work. Ours did not make either but our friend keeps us supplied on off years. I can send you 50 if that will help since you sell them and need more. I keep all the seeds from his cantaloupes.

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Mart, 25 is enough, unless you are just trying to get rid of them. I actually have all the seeds I really need. I just want to try these since you rate them so highly. Thanks.

6. mart

mart Strong Ash

This man is in his 70`s and has gardened all his life as many here do. His father did as well so no telling how long he has grown them and saved seed from the best ones. I have tried commercially grown cantaloupe seed but to me these are far superior in flavor and sweetness. Of course soil and growing conditions may have something to do with it. but you can try them and see what you think.