Other gardens.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Odif, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Odif

Odif Young Pine

This is a picture from my Aunt´s garden. She died recently, but she had been growing it for over 60 years. phyll-gard.jpg The garden is in a hot region. Many of the trees have exotic climbing plants ranging up their trunks and branches. The huge trees provide shade to most of the garden. Behind the garden is a hippo infested river and these critters have been known to come and eat the flowers. Since the garden was made smaller, the hippo problem ceased. She also had lovely citrus trees and mangoes and avacados as well as guavas. She planted a few veggies in the winter.

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

A beautiful, tropical garden Odif. I just hope whoever takes it over will look after it as well as your Aunt did.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Gorgeous! I do hope another gardener will carry on with it now that she's gone.
    So sorry for your loss Odif.

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Hippo's? oh my those things are mean and nasty. is this close to you? it certainly is beautiful there.

Advertisement
  6. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Hippos, I had a couple of encounters with hippos in my youth. This first picure shows my favourite fishing spot from my youth. The Matlapaneng bridge (the "tl" is a clicking sound) is now a national monument and the Thamalakane river is home to hippos and crocodiles. In case any one wonders, these pictures are taken in Maun, Botswana. roberttubu1 045.jpg

This is the bar in my aunts garden, It has a tree growing through the middle. roberttubu1 038.jpg
    Another view of the bar. roberttubu1 054.jpg All the climbing plants growing up the trees have been planted.

Frank and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Gorgeous!