Other hobbies anyone?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by andrew19, Sep 23, 2008.

1. andrew19

andrew19 New Seed

What do you all do other than gardening? I enjoy anything outdoors. Fishing, hiking, Hunting for Moral mushrooms (something i did back home in Illinois) and basically anything else that is healthy and gets me out of the house. :-D
    What about all of you?

2. Loading...

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Horses, two of them. Cats, two of those as well. Children, three. Grandchildren, two. Knitting, crocheting, beads, decoupage, stamps, painting, reading... I'm certain I forgot something now. Oh, yes, husband, poor thing. :D My hobby is to tease him regularly to keep him in an even mood.

4. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

I enjoy taking pictures. woodworking and I do some painting. I enjoy painting old barns. I take old roofing slates and paint old barn scenes on them. I have sold about 100 of those for as much as $90 each. Most go for about $35 to $45. Haven't done any in a while.

5. gardenmama

gardenmama In Flower

photography, cooking, sewing, scrapbooking...I used to do a lot more but that was before Logan...

Advertisement
  6. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

I go from hobby to hobby but the ones I'm currently participating in music (piano/organ & handbell ringing), and photography is my new hobby. Hobbies on the back burner are sewing (still do occasionally), build/repair computers, drag racing (spectator/crew member for hubby, and cake decorating.

7. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

For me, gardening is not a hobby because i really don't do the flower gardens, what i do grow i eat. So its a necessity for us. We've become dependent on organic foods. Our choice. lol. So now its mandatory.

Outside that, foraging is a hobby, but also something i insist on doing. Hiking or long walks, summer and winter, photography, weaving, wine making, cooking, skiing, ghost hunting, amature archeology, reading and sleeping! Some are summer hobbies and some are winter hobbies.

8. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

My flowers are my passion. When I'm not gardening I'm thinking about gardening :-D Some people count sheep to help them sleep, I rearrange flower beds!!! I've really gotten into seed collecting. I'd love to work in a nursery potting up different annuals or making roadside displays. I like antiques too but seeds and bulbs are a lot less expensive!!!!!

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Hobbies? We do so many things that could be called hobbies but are just a part of daily life. We are going to stop collecting. Our house got overfull and we couldn't sit on the chairs anymore. I collect bears but will be more selective now. I sew and quilt and garden and read and write and.....well, we do keep busy. We used to walk and hike until arthritis came along. dooley

10. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Cardmaking is my favourite hobby at the moment but I also like sketching, DIY, photography, tapestry and so many more.... :-D

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I knit, read, paint, make candles and soaps and am learning to make herbal potions and lotions.

12. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I love anything outside.My flowers are my life.I make container candles.Making Glass totems,reading,some scrapbooking.

13. mrs_crocosmia

mrs_crocosmia New Seed

I enjoy knitting and crocheting when I have the time, DIY, baking, candy making,any auto/bike racing on the TV,...used to ride horses when I lived in the states..no horse here...want to learn to make candles, maybe this winter...LOL

14. PepperDude

PepperDude In Flower

Mine is going to antique car and truck shows and of course tractors too. I used to just go look but since the new camera well pics have to be taken ...lol. Here are a few.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There a bunches more but i don't know if i should show them or not?

15. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Ooo PepperDude, I will show hubby those, he is dead keen on motors and bores me rigid with his hobby....being cars! Gardening is a way of life for me, as it is my business, our food supply running 2 allotments, and then having the leisure in my own garden. I wish I had time to have more hobbies as I always enjoyed knitting and dress making. Made all my own clothes for several years and loved having something different to everyone else. I also used to love making candles. I also decorate cakes, so of course, I love to cook and preserve. I do try and read, but cramming that into my day is currently nearly impossible!

16. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

I used to knit and sew a lot but not much anymore. I do jigsaw puzzels,and read. Wannabe