Our Spring adventure.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Tooty2shoes, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Here are a few pic's I took on our drive this past spring around Nellesville, WIS.
    We had gone on a birding hike and where heading back home. The birding hike was a bust. We saw more song birds passing threw our backyard than we did on our birding hike. But the two building below made up for what we did not see.
    The Barn had a roof line I had never seen before. After doing an online search I found out that it is called Gothic style. It definitely is in need of some TLC.
    The 1964 Worlds Fair Cheese Pavilion building from Wisconsin is really interesting and unusual looking. It would have been neat to be at that Worlds Fair in 1964. Building now houses a Radio station.

[​IMG]
    Gothic style roof barn. ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Same barn. ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

[​IMG]
    1964 Worlds Fair Cheese Pavilion. ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Cheese Pavilion. ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

There are a few barns like that in my neighborhood, but I had no idea they were 'Gothic'! Neat!
    I love the roof on the cheese pavillion...so unusual!

4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Netty isn't it fun learning something new everyday. I knew the barn roof looked quite different from other barns I have seen. But who knew it was Gothic. I always think of the Adams Family series on TV when I was a kid. They where really Gothic.

Yes the roof on the pavilion is very unusual. That is what caught my eye as we drove by. Had to turn around to get the photos. :stew1:

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

The addition of the radio mast makes that structure look even more like a UFO Tooty :) I really like that barn, very eye-catching. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos Tooty :stew2:

Advertisement
  6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Was that the NY Worlds Fair? Did they more the thing out there?

Nice building....

7. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Frank the thing that looks like a mast is the word Wisconsin spelled out. On top of that they put the radio antenna. Yes it does look UFO-ish. Not sure that is a word. But you know what I mean.

Barb yes it was in New York. We should have stopped and asked some questions about it. But alas we didn't. Made someday we will go back there.

Frank likes this.