Our weather today

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by 2ofus, Oct 2, 2017.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

It sure can't make up it's mind! It has rained, sleeted, hailed and snowed and it's 39F and suppose to get down to 19F tonight! But the weather men say that tomorrow the sun will be shining and it will warm up to 52F by Friday. Welcome to Idaho at 5700 ft. altitude. :eek:;)

2. Loading...

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was cool here this morning but got up to 70 degrees by mid afternoon. Will be 77 tomorrow. Is it really October?

2ofus likes this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We had 69 degrees at 7 a.m., then at noon it was 80 and we turned on the AC (high humidity made it seem warmer) and now we are supposed to get rain and temps in the mid-70s tomorrow. All I'm hoping for is the rain!

2ofus likes this.
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

oh my, thanks for the info... but it isn't that chilly here yet, thankfully. I like it warmer.

2ofus likes this.

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Never made it that high in Idaho, but I spent a week with a quilting friend in Twin Falls in March of 2001 and the first morning there I woke to find 6 inches of snow on her yard.....needless to say it wasn't pristine after a few minutes of us chasing each other around the yard throwing snow balls.
    I lived in Evergreen Colorado back in the early 70's, 7220 feet altitude and earliest we had snow was Labor Day one year.

2ofus likes this.
  7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

we did have a light frost last weekend. I had to cover my 150' rows of greenbeans to save them. thankfully it has been warm since then. still picking tomatoes and peppers and eggplant. still have a huge couple rows of beets in the garden. A row of volunteer snow peas from this springs planting (they reseeded til we got them pulled) and a new row of 1/2 runner beans just starting. we really could use some rain. we had 1/4 inch last night but that is about it for the last 6 weeks or so. I think we had an inch in August one storm that went through.

2ofus likes this.
  8. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Our outside garden is done now. The only thing left in the garden is tomatoes. They are in the greenhouse and we've been heating it when the nights get below freezing.

carolyn likes this.