Painting exterior of a mobile home

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by Charl, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Charl

Charl New Seed

Has anyone done this? Would you advise to pressure clean it first then paint? and what kind of paint? Also has anyone ever used vinyl siding to skirt a mobile home with?? Thanks for any help!
    Charl

2. Loading...

3. gardenmama

gardenmama In Flower

I would definitely pressure wash the home first. I have heard that there is paint available to paint over vinyl siding. My best advise would be go to a paint store, home depot, lowes etc and ask their paint professionals.

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I would definitely pressure wash first. There is a special paint for mobile homes. I have never seen siding used for skirting It wouldn't have the 'breathing holes' in it that the home needs for ventilation. What type of exterior does your mobile home have? Is it the corrugated aluminum (I call it tin ~ that's what mine is), vinyl or like pressed wood siding? Go to a home improvement store, or if you are in a large enough town where there are mobile home dealers, I would check with them. HD and Lowe's seem to know very little about mobile homes, from what I have encountered. Good luck with it.

5. prasunsen

prasunsen New Seed

Just like the others suggested - wash it first. Then you can even treat the walls before paining.