Pakistani traffic police in action!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by S-H, May 11, 2016.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

This picture (that I took) is from a very old part of Karachi city, with many buildings being almost a 100 yeas old now. So naturally, the streets are not very wide there. Which is why traffic violations are really frowned upon, as a single car parked incorrectly can easily create a traffic blockage which may stretch to a kilometer!

So about 35+ years ago, our traffic police looked at many options. Clamping the wheels failed very quickly, as it did not get the car removed immediately. Increasing the fine for incorrect parking also didn't work. Tow away trucks did get the job done, however they created their own problems (being too big for those narrow streets which were designed over a 100 years ago).

Therefore one fine day (over 3 decades ago) they got the idea of why not use those heavy duty forklifts? They could easily get into tight spots, lift up heavy loads, and had a fantastic turning radius! So since that day, this is how you'll get treated, if you park your car in front of a no parking sign... :D

I bet no one from elsewhere in the world can boast of having seen sights like these in their cities - Oh well, that's the charm of Karachi (once called "Paris of the East")! :cool:

Pakistani traffic police.jpg

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

So simple yet so effective! Thanks for the interesting trivia to start the day S-H.

S-H likes this.
  4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I love the ingenuity of it. Well thought indeed.

S-H likes this.
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I need that here.

S-H likes this.

Advertisement
  6. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

It looks like a great way to solve the problem. I would be very careful of the way I parked!

S-H likes this.
  7. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

There goes another one... :rofl:

car lifted.jpg

By the way, this may look cool and interesting to you guys - And I will admit that it indeed is a delightful sight when the owner of the car starts to run after the forklift. :smt044 However, some cars do sustain damage to their underside this way... But then again, this is the typical Pakistani way of problem solving! :rofl: :smt082

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    eileen, Droopy and Frank like this.
  8. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

This woman (another Karen) was driving on the wrong side. When the traffic police constable tried to give her a ticket, she bit his hand. After which she tried to speed away. But a few citizens blocked her path.

Other police constables also came to assist their bitten policeman - However now this Karen just refused to get out from her car. She simply rolled up the windows and started making phone calls.

Soon the traffic police forklift came, and took both Karen and her car to the police precinct!

:snicker: :rofl::smt044