Parsley, parsley everywhere!

Discussion in 'Herb Gardening' started by marlingardener, Aug 21, 2021.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Mighty Oak

Usually (every year but this) our parsley goes to seed in mid-July. I harvested a basket of parsley this morning--still big flat leaves, no sign of seed heads. I am thrilled! If there is a parsley shortage this winter, I can supply frozen chopped parsley to all and sundry.
    For preserving parsley I find that freezing damp leaves chopped fine is so much better than trying to dry it. Dried parsley basically tastes like grass.
    The basil and marjoram are going bonkers, too. Mother Nature is making up for the nasty winter we suffered through.
    Anyone else having a longer season than usual?

Sjoerd and Cayuga Morning like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

@marlingardener yes! Despite the crazy weather. I am awash in green beans, tomatoes, squash, garlic, basil, carrots, etc. In New England we are still at the height of harvesting time so i can't say yet if it will be a longer season than usual.

Enjoy your crop!

marlingardener and Sjoerd like this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I shall have to wait and see if that turns out to be true for us. I can tell you that we are 2-3 weeks later than last year. Our begin was so slow that for a few weeks nothing was going on here at all...so, it was a late start, and now things are catching up. This is to say that our season began late, so I cannot yet say if it is longer or not.

marlingardener likes this.