Patio Cover ideas?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by Tommy92, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Tommy92

Tommy92 New Seed

Does any one have any suggestions for a good durable patio cover? I have a wood cover on my patio, however you can tell that the wood is starting to chip and it's beginning to look faded as time goes by. I would like to replace it obviously not with wood again. I've done some research online and it seems like aluminum is a good way to go. Does anyone have personal experience with these things? I would really appreciate any input.

Thanks!

2. Loading...

3. DerekMc525

DerekMc525 New Seed

Composite Wood decking from experience, is extremely durable and if you have to deal with snow and ice, composite will retain a little more traction verse aluminum I would think. Maybe Consider Putting a roof over the patio to keep weather off and just repaint and seal the patio. I helped my mom paint their porch last summer and then I had her help me Seal it. We put two coats on, one right after the other. I heard if you let one dry then re coat it can be slippery. What ever you choose or have Chosen I hope it turns out GREAT!

4. dytecture

dytecture New Seed

I've seen some tent like structure you can store away in winter time

5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I've seen those retractable covers... like they use on RVs. They seem like a good idea. You can "roll" them out when you need/want shade or protection from the rain... and then back in when you don't. I've never used one... but they do look interesting.

6. dawg803

dawg803 New Seed

I have also been considering options for my deck... and I have also thought about aluminum and also tin. I'm not really confident in what I'm doing though so I maybe bring in a roofing professional to get their opinion. Good luck with your patio!