Pet pics with Santa?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by dirt2diamonds, Dec 5, 2007.

1. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

Hey, my daughter told me that it was pet pics with Santa day at the mall.

I could not believe it! I had never heard of it! She said the line was long!

There were dalmatians that were striped and Chows that were very puffy and overweight dogs that were lovingly carried by their owners.

For the first time I would have liked to have been an elf. She said there were very few lap dogs, but oh how precious was the scene today.

Come on, tell the truth. DOES YOUR PET TAKE PICTURES WITH SANTA? AND IS YOUR PET'S STOCKING HUNG BY THE CHIMNEY WITH CARE?

I do not have a pet anymore (done the hamster, dog, turtle, almost everything. Been there and done that). But I can imagine that there are some loved animals out there and thank goodness for you. i have delighted most of all watching little ones with animals. Kodak moments:)

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. riragirl
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I'm sorry, I would never have done that. I love my animals, but they are not people. They wouldn't know the meaning of meeting Santa.

We give away pet stockings for friends with dogs. So far, it's been well received. Our cats are not very into treats, and the horses will have carrots and bread. I don't want any colic during Christmas.

4. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Sorry D2D , we also do not have pet pics with Santa.
    I do not like shops and shopping malls very much, I did not even take my children to have their pictures taken with Santa (My sister volunteered that service every year - she loves shopping), let alone taking pets.

5. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

I've never heard of that,,besides Balder being a 157 lb or roughly 80 kilo rottweiler, who doesn't like hats or beards, I think Santa would have a problem. Or possiably missing a few parts.

Altho Balder would be in his glory with all the other pets around, he loves cats, an to socialize. :D

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I don't have any pets myself at the moment but my daughter has. I don't think Santa would appreciate a gerbil and snake turning up to get their piccies taken somehow!! :D :D

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I don't take Boomer to see Santa either. She's a country dog, and if I took her to the city...well, it wouldn't be pretty!

8. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

I was surprised that there were so many people that did take their animal that I had to ask. There was a day set aside especially for the pets! Like I said, I wish I could have seen it with my own eyes. Cudos to the pets there because it could have been some type of blood bath. If I had of walked in, I may have been a little afraid of my leg looking like a treat to the large dogs.

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

D2D have you ever seen a dog show? There are all kinds of dogs of all sizes, and they are mostly very quiet and well behaved. It all depends on what they're used to.

10. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I must confess, I am guilty! :rolleyes:
    I took Briggs to have his photo with Santa several years ago. Haven't done it since! The proceeds were going to help the local humane society. He was scared to death! He does have his own Christmas stocking as do the cats :D Since I don't have children I had to spoil something!
    Deanna
    :-D

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Not me!! Oreo will have to settle for Bob(my neighbor that will care for him) being his Santa as his mommy will not be with him this Christmas.

12. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

I hang large mittens I crocheted for each of my cats for their 'stockings'. (kittens with mittens and all that) Theyre really just decorative tho. if we put a cat toy in them theyd be ripped down and played with in the middle of the night.
    I never took a pet for a santa pic, but if it was a fundraiser I may have thought about it.

13. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

lol,, kittens in mittens,, thats so cute,,lol

14. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I love the kittens & mittens idea!!

Deanna
    :-D

15. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

I got that idea the year I brought 3 little kittens home around Halloween. Near Christmas BF asked if they were getting stockings. Right away the nursery rhyme with 3 little kittens who lost their mittens came into my head. It just made sennse to make them mittens. They could have just about each fit in one that year.

16. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

The kitten with mittens is sweet. I saw a pet pic of a cute puppy with the santa hat. He was so cute.