Pocket garden

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Maxime, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Maxime

Maxime New Seed

Hi everyone, new on this forum, I’m actually using a new product called Pocket garden to grow my vegetables on my condo balcony. I would like to have your advices on this one, thanks! Pocket garden 2 pack, grow bag plant with access flap, plant pot that allows roots to breathe and grow healthier, boost plant, appartement/condo/garden/balcony garden, indoor/outdoor planting.

Moderator's note: Link removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2018
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Welcome to GardenStew Maxime from Scotland. I've never tried Pocket garden to grow vegetables but I'd give it a try. I like the fact that they're durable and eco friendly and the access flap looks interesting.

4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Good luck with it Maxime.

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I don't grow in containers. but I do know you need to look for specific varieties for container gardening. check the seed labels or do your research before planting them up. also use potting mix not potting soil. potting mix is sterile. it has or should have no pathogens such as fungi to attack your newly planted seeds or plants and kill them off. and then make sure you fertilize your plants regularly. they have no other way to eat if you don't feed them. if you don't feed them they won't feed you. whether you use organics or something such as osmocote read the label and follow the directions. tomatoes are heave feeders and will need a lot of water. don't be stingy. if they don't have enough water you won't get fruit. from anything.

if you are planning on a tomato or two look for dwarf tomatoes. if you are starting from seed google the dwarf tomato project to order seeds from the vendors who sell them. there are oodles of them and they are very reasonably priced. if you had asked a week ago I could have sent you a couple to try in your containers but I have already composted all my left overs.

Cayuga Morning likes this.