pond project is a no go . . . . so disappointed!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by lukeypukey, Oct 28, 2011.

1. lukeypukey

lukeypukey In Flower

just had a visit from the landlord regarding my pond. i spoke with the guy when he came to collect the rent last month and everything was fine, but he's gone away and spoke to someone who knows a thing or two about letting and selling property and he advises against it. apparently the house would be harder to sell with a pond in the garden :-? i'll be filling it back in over the weekend and re-thinking my plans. . . . . feel like moving!!! :(

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Don't give up hope entirely Luke as there's always a solution. Even a simple bucket can be made into a water feature for the garden. I had a look around for you and came across this:

This is only a suggestion but you could, most likely, get almost everything you need from your local Freecycle so it would cost next to nothing.

TheBip likes this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Lukey, since you are renting, it makes more sense to invest your time and money into a pond you can take with you when and if you move.
    A very attractive pond can be made from a shallow plastic tub with large river rocks piled around the outside to hide the plastic and with two or three waterplants in pots set in the tub. A cheap recirculating pump (I think it cost about $20) and some clear plastic tubing that was also cheap completed the pond.

carolyn likes this.
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I'm sure you're disappointed Luke... but like the others said... you can still have a pond!
    There is a relatively new member here... can't think of her name right now. But she had a preform set up on blocks. Had plants, fish and frogs too!
    I know it won't be the same as what you had in mind... but I'm sure you'll enjoy just the same or even more... since you will be able to take it with you if/when you move.
    Or... there is the alternative... buy your own home and land!
    Good luck... and please let us know what you decide to do.

Advertisement
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

The member was chubbypoptart, she had a baby earlier this year and probably has been too busy to be on here. I hope she and her family are doing well.

7. lukeypukey

lukeypukey In Flower

thanks everyone for your kind comments and alternative ideas. i've calmed down a little now i've slept :) definately gonna look into an alternative feature, and bring back the veggie plot next year. so i suppose its not all bad :stew2:

and i'll keep my eye open for chubbypoptart :-D

8. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Way to go Lukeypukey! Don't give up! My ponds are all above ground and not permanent. All those beautiful rocks can still be used for a raised ponds.

9. Freckles

Freckles Seedling

Hi Luke, I'm sorry about your project. Here are my pictures of a waterfall with river rocks I've collected. My son built it on the porch using some kind of adhesive to keep rocks from falling. They are placed around a black tub purchased at a feed store. Inside is a pump that recycles water around and down over rocks. When it became too heavy for the porch...I moved it to the yard (piece by piece). So this is a project that can be moved if you eventually had to. Just a thought. Hope all goes well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jewell and cherylad like this.