Possibly Echeveria?

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by chris1948, May 11, 2016.

1. chris1948

chris1948 Seedling

I have several of this in a large pot as you can see. They send out the large blooms in the summer and I'm trying to identify it for my garden list. If it is Echeveria does anyone know if it's 'Lola' or 'Laui' or any of the other names?
    echeveria.jpg

2. Loading...

3. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Chris,..your picture is of Echeveria 'Laui' which has that peachy colored bloom.

The one below is my own Echeveria 'lola' with the golden colored bloom.
    18th March 2015 029.JPG

21st May 2015 058.JPG

I wish i had the climate to grow mine as big and as beautiful as yours,..lovely specimen.

4. chris1948

chris1948 Seedling

Thanks Philip, appreciate the ID. I'm thinking of removing some of the spider plants so the Echeveria would get more sun. I notice there a lot of 'baby' ones underneath the spider plants so it would probably be a good idea to remove some of those. I love the yellow color of yours, it would definitely look nice in a pot with the peach colored blooms.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  5. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Chris,..lol isn't this how we end up with a garden full of plants,..we spot another,..i agree having the Lola and the Laui together would be impressive when they bloom,..it will be easy enough to move the Spider Plants rather than the Echeveria to another location,..over here despite my garden being like a microclimate i had to move my Echeveria indoors during winter.

Advertisement
  6. chris1948

chris1948 Seedling

I believe it is Philip, I'll be moving the spider plants in a little while. I'll post you a photo of the Echeveria after I get it to where you can see them. I have to move mine into one of the greenhouses in the winter also just to make sure they survive. I can't remember how many years I've had them actually. I got rid of the spider plants, had to cut them out with scissors. Couldn't get the roots out at all. Some of the Echeveria came out with tiny roots such as are on stone crop so I decided to pot them to see if they'll take off.
    dsc05837.jpg dsc05838.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    stratsmom and Philip Nulty like this.
  7. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

You have quite a lot of babies there Chris,..just like Sempervivum 'Hens and Chicks',..they should root easily enough,..i make sure by dipping the root in water and then into Rooting Powder.

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

stratsmom likes this.
  8. chris1948

chris1948 Seedling

I like yours Philip, I usually use liquid root stimulator. It's working great on my Night Blooming Cereus cuttings.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Just thought to mention the rooting aid,..though i was almost sure you were using something similar.

chris1948 likes this.