Print smaller when printing from internet

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by kuntrygal, Feb 12, 2008.

1. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

When I print a document from MSW it is normal size. When I print something off the internet the print is tiny (and I mean almost have to use magnifying glass tiny!) and grayish in color. :-? Does anyone know why the print would be different and if there is a setting that would correct this? I know it hasn't always been this way. :rolleyes: Stewbies,any suggestions and help would be most appreciated ;)

2. Loading...

3. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

The only thing I could suggest is to go first to Print Preview (under the File icon in your navigation tool bar) to see what it's going to look like when the page is printed. From there, you can adjust the size (called Scale in Mozilla Firefox) to 200%. Hope this helps.

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

No that didn't do it!! Thanks for the suggestion :stew2:

5. marcusa007

marcusa007 New Seed

Check you page setup and your setting when you hit print. If you have fit to page and your site is set to something smaller then Letter it will shrink it to whatever you have it set. Or you need to make sure printing is set to 100% not to something smaller. This can be done as well when you hit print and click on properties.

Advertisement
  6. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Thanks, Marcusa007... it prints at 100% when printing a MSW document or from OE. Only when I print something off the internet. I shouldn't have to check or change something each time I print from internet. I'm about to give up, except, I can't hardly read the print it is so small and grey :rolleyes:

7. marcusa007

marcusa007 New Seed

once you make the changes in preferences when you hit print you should not have to do it again in the Internet Explorer

8. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

That's what I am saying... I shouldn't have to check preferrences or change anything. I hasn't always been this way, so I am sure there is just something I am missing. I probably should check Dell forum, but thanks anyway for you suggestions.