Queen of Herbs ~ Mother of Herbs

Discussion in 'Herb Gardening' started by FloraPie, Jan 13, 2017.

1. FloraPie

FloraPie New Seed

Also know as: Five in One Herb, Five Seasons Herb, Allherb, Country Borage, Indian Borage, Five Spice Herb, Chinese Three in One, Broad Leafed Thyme, Spanish Thyme, Spanish Sage, Puerto Rican Oregano.

Smell the smell! Great to crush the leaves on this one and leave in any room you like overnight. Bathrooms smell eucalyptus fresh and this sprawling plant can be sipped as tea. It will root at the drop of water but once established needs very little in order to survive. Looks amazing draped in a vase and will last for months without dirt.

Loves full sun but mine grows just fine in the shade anyway :)

Here's some of mine in a 3D vase I made especially for it !

Attached Files:

2ofus and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

That eucalyptus looks fantastic against the red of the vase.:D

FloraPie likes this.
  4. FloraPie

FloraPie New Seed

The leaves of this beautiful plant are so soft and furry I teamed it up in a vase of exactly the opposite texture and color. Glad you like it :flower:

Attached Files:

5. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

It definitely looks lovely and superb in the vase! Sounds like a dream to grow too and just my kind of plant :) Easy to grow, multi-use and looks terrific too :) :) :)

Do these propagate by seed?

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I grew that one year not even knowing what it was. It was the scent that got me ... it smelled amazing!

7. FloraPie

FloraPie New Seed

Mother Herb can be broken off anywhere you like along the stem and just shoved into some dirt. That's the only way I've ever grown it. The main word for its form is 'cascading'. Scent refreshing. Form beautiful. Growth easy. Tea delicious. Indoor or outdoor perfect. It's not called Mother Herb for nothing :D Do they propagate by seed? I have no idea. I can send you some.

*Edit Australian posting laws regarding 'plant matter and seeds' will induce headaches and thus I am unable to send anything to do with flora. My apologies. :crying:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  8. FloraPie

FloraPie New Seed

Apparently.. this herb is also known as Cuban Oregano. With so many names it's no wonder recipes and such, are difficult to find regarding it. But here's one that I am going to try, it involves two and a half tablespoons of blended Mother of Herbs (Cuban Oregano) and extra sprigs for garnishing. http://feralkitchen.com/2014/08/31/grilled-cuban-oregano-chicken/