Quick pizza on bread - For Mart!

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by S-H, Aug 5, 2020.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

@mart - This one is for you! It's very quick to make, you can add or subtract whatever toppings you like. Doesn't require any special skills.

It is what cadets in the military also make for themselves, (sometimes). Because you can pack it up and take it with you anywhere - Also people who stay on the road for long hours prefer this type of meal as well...

Nowadays however it's a favorite with very lazy computer programmers, keyboard worriers, spammers, and trolls all over the internet.

:snicker: :rofl: :smt044

You basically take a slice of bread. How many is up to you. It can be white bread, or brown - Whatever is your preference. I am right now just using green chilies and tomatoes as the topping. You can add whatever you like, there really is no rule here. So anything goes!

IMG_20200805_085759_copy_2880x1620.jpg

If you are going to use a regular oven, then no need to toast the bread. But if you'll be using a microwave. Then you need to toast it - Exactly how much, is again totally up to you.

Next you spread some ketchup on one side of the bread. Sometimes I also spread a little ginger and garlic paste, other times a little bar-b-que sauce with Tabasco - Basically spread whatever you think will taste good as the base sauce of your pizza topping.

IMG_20200805_085855_copy_2880x1620.jpg

IMG_20200805_090005_copy_2880x1620.jpg

After this put whatever toppings you like. Mushrooms, cut sausages, salami, anything you desire - I myself am just using green chilies and tomatoes, (as chilis actually have more vitamin C then oranges). And tomatoes have calcium also. So together they make for the perfect meal to heal bone.

Anyway, next you put a slice of cheese. What type, is also up to you. But since cheese is a milk product, it too has calcium in it - Vitamin C of course helps all this calcium stick to the bone. So any injury to the bone will heal faster with the this type of food.

IMG_20200805_090736_copy_2880x1620.jpg

Next you put it in your oven, or the microwave. However bread needs to be toasted beforehand if you are going to use a microwave. Otherwise the bread will become very soggy.

IMG_20200805_091009_copy_2880x1620.jpg

Once it is done, you can eat it right now. Or store it in the refrigerator, (it has a very long shelf life) - You can pack it for a journey also.

I suggest that you make at least 30 to 50 of them in one go. Then keep eating them whenever you feel like during the entire week.

Making this is e super very quick too, (you are literally done in a few minutes), and you don't need the use of both hands when it comes to eating it.

:cool:

There are hundreds of variations of this on YouTube.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Thanks S-H ! Now thats my kind of meal on days when I do not want to cook ! I would not have thought about putting it on bread ! i have made it on flour tortillas like a quesadilla and cut in quarters like a pizza and with a side of marinara sauce ! you mean you have Tabasco in Pakistan ? I cant eat without tabasco,picante sauce or pickled jalapeno`s ! hubby says i have an iron stomach but,, i haven`t had a cold in over 30 years !

Cayuga Morning and S-H like this.
  4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Mart, after knowing your eating habits - I now have no choice but to make you an honorary Pakistani!

:setf_016:

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  5. mart

mart Strong Ash

Ha ! i will go with that ! thanks ! After knowing your eating habits ( tabasco ) you are now a honorary Texan !! and that is a big deal around here !

Cayuga Morning and S-H like this.

Advertisement
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

OK, so I guess we are like twins now, (as we both have broken our bones as well).

:snicker: :rofl: :smt044

IMG_20200806_000430_copy_1080x1920.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Cayuga Morning likes this.
  7. mart

mart Strong Ash

Ha !! yep,, you got it S-H !!