Remember me?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Pinkiered, May 22, 2008.

1. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

I dont know why but this morning I woke up thinking about the ppl I hadnt talk to in a reallllyyy long time on this site. Theres alot of ppl I havent seen before but a few old faces.

HEY EVERYONE!
    I thought Id drop in on ya and let you know how things are going.
    I havent been around since Dec 06 and a lot has changed.
    I filed for divorce in Jan 07 and moved out of Lafayette, La. I never got my divore. Rob died April 1, 08 at the age of 38. HE had been drinking and driving. HE lost control of his truck and it flipped. He wasnt wearing a seat belt and was thrown out the sunroof. He was thrown 200 ft back into the road. Because it was a dark country road, he was run over by 3 cars that didnt see him. The corner said he didnt feel a thing. He said he would have died from his head injuries anyway.
    After I left Rob, I couldnt grow anything anymore. I think because I just got to busy so I gave up on gardening for now. I havent painted since I left him either.
    My 3 lovely dogs Kiwi, Missy and Scrapie are gone. I only have Scrapie now. I jsut didnt have time to care for them so I found the other 2 really good homes. Kiwi went to a home with a handicap boy. Shes so gentle and he loves her...great match. Missy went to a home with a woman who is recovering from cancer. They adore each other.
    In May07 I meet a guy who swept me off my feet without me knowing it. LOL Sat weve been together for a year and its been a wonderful year. I live in Lawton ,Ok now. He is stationed here at Fort Sill.
    Eric is a great guy. He has been in the Army 16 yrs. He left for Iraq this past Feb and wont be home til May09. I miss him. But true to form, Ive kept myself busy. Im in school, majoring in psychology and work nights on base as a bartender.
    He asked me to marry him,but Im just not ready. I happy with the way things are now so I dont see me getting married anytime soon.

I have missed all my ol' buddies!! I promise to stop by more often.
    Lots of love,
    Denee (former Rose Queen) ;)

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Denee, glad to see you again.

Wow, a lot of things happened to you in the last 2 years or so. But am very glad to see that the most recent happenings are good ones.

Your gardening time is probably very limited but I hope you at least have a mini-rose bush on a windowsill so you can keep the Rose Queen title.:stew1:

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I don't know you, but your update made me tearful and then happy for you. I hope you'll be able to spend some time with us once in a while.

5. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Yes I do remember you! Glad to see you back.

Advertisement
  6. woodlandfey

woodlandfey Seedling

I don't know you either but I've never met a gardener I didn't like. so Welcome back and I'm so happy that you are finally happy again. Live, Love and Laugh!!!
    Marsha
    Glad to meet you!

7. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Welcome back Pinkiered. Sounds like a lot has gone on for you but I'm glad your doing better now and happy again. Hope to be stewing with you. :)

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well hello stranger!!! :D It's soooo good to see you back here again Denee. :-D

You've really been through the mill since we last heard from you haven't you? :( I'm sorry to hear about Rob and hope that you weren't too badly affected by his tragic death. It must also have been a wrench to have to part with Missy and Kiwi but they certainly seem to have found loving new homes. I'n pleased to hear that you have Eric (and Scrapie) in your life. One of our members, Biita, has a son serving in Iraq and we hope that both he and Eric have very uneventful tours of duty.

Good luck with your studies. I'm really pleased to have you back. :stew1:

9. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Welcome back Pinkiered. I was just a new member when you left but I've wondered about you. Wannabe

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hi Pinkiered! So nice to see you again!
    I so glad things are finally going well for you. Don't be a stranger!

11. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Hi Chickie! :wave:
    It is so good to hear from you!!!! Don't know if I like being referred to as "an old face" :D
    Sounds like you have had one rough go of it. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. I am very happy for you and proud of you for going back to school :setc_005: I'm glad you found a new honey :sete_044: Ain't love grand? Now that you have found us try to stay in touch!!
    Deanna
    :-D

12. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Hi my dear sweet friend I have truely missed you I have mentioned your name quiet often as all the wonderful blooms from the plants are so pretty.The most unusual one is blooming now its a Hidden Lily Ginger.
    I adore it.
    I am so very very sorry to hear of Rob passing away and of your little dogs haveing to leave you but as always life hands you lemons and you bounce back with lemon aid.Please come back and see us more often I have so missed seeing and talking to you.
    Heather and Richie are getting a divorce and Heather had another baby boy that turned a year old in April.
    His name is Logan.She and the boys are visiting and dooley and dr are on the way here and will be here tomorrow evening.

13. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Hi Pinkiered, welcome back and nice to meet you. I'm glad all is going well now for you, after reading i would say you deserve it now. Hope your here to stay!

14. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Hi Pinkiered,
    It takes a really strong person to move forward like you have. Like Glendann said, you definitely chose to make lemonade and I'm sure that wasn't easy. From her mentions, it always seemed like you were around, even though you weren't posting by the time I joined up :)

Welcome back!

15. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

Welcome back Pinkiered . . .AKA RoseQueen. Sounds like you have had a hard row to hoe, but I am glad things are working out for you. Congratulations on your new beau :setc_005: . . . you sound like a smart girl. Blessings Always! SoJ