Resizing images / photos with Windows 7 ?

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by Sherry8, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I have windows 7 now that I have a new computer. It is fine but when I want to make my pictures smaller for on here and other sites, when I right click now the resize option is gone. I usually do it right before I download for here but now it is gone and I haven't been able to share pictures because the right click option is gone. Is there another way to do this without going through some long step to make them medium size? On the right click I do still have the option to turn the pictures, if they have to be.

Thank you,
    Sherry8

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Did you use Windows Vista before Sherry? Are you saying there was a Resize option upon right-clicking an image? It may have been there because of an application you had installed then but not now. I use Vista and I don't see the Resize option.

4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Frank...sorry I didn't get back to you. My dog had surgery and came home and has not had an easy time.

I had windows XP, and the option was always there when I would right click right before I tried to download a picture to your site and to others. I don't think it was a program. I have only put the ones from the camera before and that would of been when I had that program open,not just a right click. Now I decided not to use the camera program because I have a sd slot and I can use multiple cameras now so I am just trying to find a way besides going to Photobucket,etc. I even tried downloading from an easy share camera from long ago but this site says the file is still too big.

Don't worry about it...if I have to give up sharing pictures that is fine. I just thought there might be an easy fix.

Thank you,
    Sherry

5. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Hi Sherry8,

Please don't give up sharing your photos, I am sure you know that a picture is worth more than a thousand words right :?:

I am too using Window 7 and I am sorry to say that there is no easy fix in photo resizing. Do you have Microsoft Office 2007 installed in your PC? If you have then you can make use of Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Initially it need a bit getting use to, then it is really easy after that.

From what you mentioned in XP the option was always there when you right click and I don't think is a standard feature for XP but an add on program. If you like to have this same feature in your Window 7 you can download the program for free because it is a freeware. Check out this site to see whether I am on the right track to your question http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/image-resizer-powertoy-clone-for-windows-7vista/

To download the program just click on the link "Image Resizer 2.0" on that website. I really do hope that this can really help in resizing your photos just like in XP so tyhat we can all enjoy all the pictures you are going to post :)

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Please don't give up sharing Sherry. There is a very useful piece of software for Windows here: http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm I have tested it and it works great. You can resize an entire folder at a time if you want.

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Thank you for the help. I tried one of them but I do not want to go into another whole window to use it. I will keep looking for the program I had where all I did was right click on the picture seconds before downloading and it resized instantly....I guess I am saying the easier the better. I will try all of them.

Thank you both.
    Sherry

8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hi Sherry, What was the name of the program that you had? It sounds like a good one.

9. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

Why don't you download a nice free photo editing software, I use PhotoScape and luv it! you can resize among many other features, like making dark photo's lighter,making crooked photo's straight etc. so many people post pics. you can't even see or know what it is, you need to fix/tweak your photo's first! then resize, then save to where ever, then post.

10. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I had read that Picasa had resizing so I downloaded it yesterday and I have already left a message on the site because I do not see a resizing option...everything else, but no resizing in sight..I most likely will have to take it off , it doubles your photos so more room taken up.
    I have been hoping that windows 7 will come up with the option I had before with windows XP...I like easy. I did e-mail them and asked them to consider it.
    I will keep trying so I can share some pictures..the hawk has been visiting again lately and I got some pictures of him hunting for a meal.