Rock wall

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by pondlady, Jan 21, 2007.

1. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

[​IMG]

There is a pond in back of those walls and the walls stretch for many feet on each end. I did not use any concrete at all.
    All that misty looking stuff is because I turned the misters on to take the pic. I used to install a mini sprinkler system with misting tips just to make the pond more dramatic.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Wow Jan that is absolutely gorgeous!!! I NEED you here 'cause I want to have something as beautiful as that in my garden too.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That must have taken some time to create Jan. How long about? It looks fantastic with or without supplementary mist. What type of stone did you utilise?

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Wow Jan that is gorgeous! I think I need one too!

Advertisement
  6. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

I always used a Tennessee fieldstone, found all over Tennessee, Arkansas, to Pennsylvania, just not in Louisiana. We don't grow rocks here.
    That landscape job cost my customers over $40,000.00. Some of that because they were impossible to deal with. Nice customers paid less. There is always a nuisance factor in an estimate for difficult folks. And believe, me, I earned every penny of the 40 grand. There are 11 tons of rocks in the garden. After that pic was taken I removed all the grass and replaced it with a rock patio and paths with plants growing between the rocks. It was truly beautiful. It even got on TV.
    http://www.wdsu.com/margaretsgarden/2524549/detail.html

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm a really, really, REALLY nice person :smt083 and I will make you lots of cups of tea and scrumptious vegan meals and I will even bring in the stones for you and help you lay them. You can bring Donna and have your own room. I'll just kick Laura and her pets out on to the streets - no problem. :setf_055: Now can I have a water feature just like the one in your piccie?!!! :smt040

8. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

When does it get to be spring in Scotland, Eileen? Don't kick Laura out. We'll just sleep in the snake/rat/gerbil room.

9. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

[​IMG] It's perfection, Jan!
    I loved reading the article, it's great that those folks appreciated what you built for them,
    and became more outdoorsy once they had this gorgeous feature in their yard

10. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Oh my gosh Jan!! That is beautiful!! I love the misty look also. Hopefully one day I'll suceed in having a pond in my yard!!hehe!
    I read the article you should be very proud of yourself and your gorgeous work!!