screen appears different &Babylon is on Chrome browser

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by sewNsow, Oct 13, 2012.

1. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Hi,I think my computer is corrupted.I have been getting a blue screen in the morning.I got into SafeMode & did system restore & now the start up page looks different.I've rebooted & it still looks different. My homepage is igoogle.
    I have windows Vista 64 bit.Desktop
    When the blue screen appears it says windows shut down to protect my computer.
    The appearance is now similar to what it looked like in safe mode.
    Also that dreaded Babylon is on my chrome browser
    but I don't go there unless I need to.I suspect Babylon might be at the root of my problems.
    I have Kaspersky virus protection.
    sewNsow

2. Loading...

3. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

If you Google Babylon virus there are plenty of places which tell you how to get rid of it.

4. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

Instead of doing a restore, you should have gone in in safe mode and run a full scan on Free Malewarebytes, that is always first!!

5. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

SewNsow, I think your problem is not with Babylon because it is a software and I guess that your computer could have crashed due to some other reason. The blue screen is commonly known as the Blue Screen Of Death or BSOD in the IT circle. What actually causes this is not specific and nobody can tell you excatly why it happened.

Babylon usually come with some software available free in the internet and if you are not careful it would be downloaded and install in your computer.

First let's start with getting rid of Babylon if you do not want to use it. First you'll have to go to Control Panel then Programs and seek out the Babylon software and unistall it. Once that is done the next step is removing it from the browser.

Follow this video

[youtube]e_q0rMCpI_o [/youtube]

Now coming to your desktop. I think you will have to redo the the display setting like resolution, font size and so on. Simply right click any empty blank space on desktop, and select View in the contextual menu pops up. In the sub-menu, select Classic Icons for smallest icon size, Medium Icons for default icon size, or Large Icons for largest icon size. In case of resolution adjustment please follow Microsoft instructions - http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/wind ... resolution

Advertisement
  6. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Thanks for the ideas.I have resolved some of the problems.About Babylon,the only place it was was on chrome browser so I just removed chrome.Only time I used it was to use Craig's List.I have been working with getting graphics back to where they were. Had trouble because the chart was so large the OK & Apply didn't show.Fiddled with it until I could see those boxes.I used to have free version of malwarebytes but guy who worked on my PC said to get Kaspersky.Can I have malware bytes & Kaspersky both.Gmail is still not the way I want it. I can't see that "gear"at the top to get to where I can change some stuff.
    Other than appearnce,no more blue screens of death!!!Things seem to be working. It's just that I constantly have to fiddle with getting things centered & right size.I want my redX back at the upper right!It is a big black x now.

sewNsow

7. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Glad that you have some of your items back to normal. In case of Kaspersky I don't think it is necessary. Yes you can run both malware bytes & Kaspersky together. There was a Recommended Antivirus / Security Software - Protect your PC by Frank which is worth taking a look at before deciding on Kaspersky or not.

You can't see the "gear" maybe because everything is just too big and the redX is not red is just because of graphic problem. Like I mentioned before I do not think your problem is virus or malware related, more of drivers and maybe hardware. Just try to adjust it as much as you can and in the worst case maybe it is time to get the graphic card tested for faults.

Good Luck.

8. Babylon Support

Babylon Support New Seed

Hey

you can refer to our "Remove Babylon" Website in order to view how to remove Babylon,

http://www.babylon.com/uninstall_search/index

or follow these easy steps:

Go to Control Panel, click Programs (software).

Uninstall "Browser Manager" + "Bprotector" + "Object Installer" + "Babylon Toolbar on IE"

Then follow the relevant steps:

Open Google Chrome and click on the "wrench" icon:

Click> Settings , choose the option "Open a particular page or set of pages."

Click "Set Pages" on page Babylon and delete from the list.

To change the search engine in Google Chrome, please follow the instructions below:

Open Google Chrome on the "wrench" icon on the right side of the address bar, click:

Settings> Under "Search", click "Manage Search Engines ...".

If you see "Babylon Search" as a standard (default), select please another search engine as the default from (Google, Bing, etc.). Only then will you Babylon You can remove by clicking the little 'X'.

9. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

kkng,It likely is a drivers & hardware problem & graphics card.I couldn't see the red X & gear because it was off the page.Also Apply & Ok weren't visible.It might be a firefox issue. I got chrome back & everything looks better but I haven't figured out how to get to my gmail to do a real test.Gmail wants to run off the page to the right.Other pages do too.
    I have had kaspersky for about a year. It was recommended because I go to movie sites that are famous for malware in popup ads.I know,I should stay away from those but soo nice to see shows that are currently on in theaters.I'm getting better at tinkering with pc but it gets to me sometimes! But at least I can still use it.Thanks!
    sns