Secunia (PSI) Personal Software Inspector,..Free.

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by Philip Nulty, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

A friend of mine with very little computer know how keeps asking me over to his house to update his software,..as payment i get a new garden plant and a fantastic dinner cooked by his wife,..however to reduce the time spent updating along with other problems i installed Secunia (PSI) Personal Software Inspector,..seeing i use it myself i knew just what it would do for him,..that is scan his computer and update most software or at least inform him that certain updates were available and provide him with the connection to update,..plus the program is free.

This is worth looking at as it will do most of the work for you on a daily basis without you having to start checking and help keep everything updated.

Click on each of the Screenshots in the link below.

Free Computer Security - Personal Software Inspector (PSI) - Secunia

2. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

I use filehippo updater for yrs. now and give the link to many other seniors, I help with their PC problems, free of course, or install when I do remotes on PC's.

3. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi SusieQ07,
    you should try Secunia as its far in advance compared to the FileHippo Updater and in existence some years longer,..i did try FileHippo as a Beta and found it only updated software that was listed on the FileHippo Site however it does inform you that it does not update all software,..there are several Software Updaters available Free,..and Richard Gizmo has rated FileHippo 2nd to Secunia so that is in its favour.

Any of my friends who have computer problems know in advance there is a charge if they call me to their premises,..i never work for free,..holidays abroad cost money,lol.

4. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

file hippo is awesome, has updated itself too, and finds everything in my PC...no beta's here for me! it's the real deal...