Seeds from Ebay, looks like weeds

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by SadSunday, Jun 15, 2020.

1. SadSunday

SadSunday Seedling

Hi. Bought seeds from Ebay (will never do that again). These plants were supposed to be succulents and cactus. I guess I can throw these weeds out :/ https://imgur.com/GUTjo4G

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Report the seller to Ebay so that they won't be able to do the same thing to others. Include your photographs as proof that the seeds weren't what they were meant to be.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Definitely not succulents nor cactus! However, the lower pot is parsley--flat leaf Italian parsley. Keep it and enjoy using it in salads and other dishes.
    The first or upper pot looks familiar, perhaps a variety of thyme? Rub a couple of leaves with your fingers and see what the scent tells you.
    As Eileen said, definitely report the seller to Ebay.

5. SadSunday

SadSunday Seedling

Thank you both! I always thought that my bad luck with Ebay seeds is due to transportation and etc. But it seems the seeds are just tottaly bananas :D

Cayuga Morning likes this.

Advertisement
  6. mart

mart Strong Ash

I think your order was just mixed up !! Believe it is as MG said ! However if you just email the seller I bet you will have it made right ! Look at it this way you now have two herbs and will likely get the succulent seeds as well ! I have bought many seeds from ebay sellers and have never been disappointed, That said remember there is a pandemic and the seller may be working with a short staff due to that fact !
    Just a note,, I have tried to start cactus from seed and it was always a disappointment ! It takes forever to germinate and after months just a dot on the soil !

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  7. SadSunday

SadSunday Seedling

I had luck with cacti seed. But they were locally bought. And I didn't do anything special - simple soil, covered with plastic wrap on a sunny windowsill and a bit of humidity inside. I'll let the seller know, we'll see how it goes. Thank you!

8. mart

mart Strong Ash

Keep us updated !

9. SadSunday

SadSunday Seedling

So far they asked me to wait a couple of days :D I bet parsley will turn into cactus :D

Cayuga Morning and carolyn like this.
  10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Mart, if you want cactus, you are welcome to come dig some from our pasture, the roadside, and the occasional poorly maintained front yard!

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  11. Letsgetphil

Letsgetphil New Seed

I have bought a huge varieties of seeds over Ebay and my conclusion is. Around 80% of the ones ordered have been what the "image" shows. Most seeds are difficult to germinate as well though. But I do not mind since I would not otherwize been able to grow them at all :)

12. mart

mart Strong Ash

Oh,, You must have the prickley pear cactus ? Love to eat the pears in season ! They are beginning to be a gourmet fruit ! Ones I tried were the small cactus that some places sell ! Just household variety !