Selling your crop

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Vroon, May 25, 2022.

1. Vroon

Vroon New Seed

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I want to share my story and ask for advice. My girlfriend has long been interested in gardening and grows various fruits and vegetables herself, and also learned how to make excellent natural jams and marshmallows. At first, she simply gave everything that was superfluous to neighbors, friends and relatives. Now there is so much harvest that it is simply a crime to give it away for free, especially to treat it with finished products, which require costs and time. I would like to legalize everything so that we can legally sell products and possibly expand, even thinking about a small place to sell and take orders. Has anyone experienced this? What is the best place to start? Upd: if someone is interested in what steps to take: she received a certificate of quality for her products, registered LLC, the website for her store is almost ready(her brother helped to create it) and ordered the special craft packing. I really hope that she will have success as she's talanted and creative.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2022
  2. Loading...

3. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

It would probably be helpful if you could fill in your profile @Vroon. We can't see where you are based, and cannot guess what rules and regulations might apply wherever you are?

marlingardener likes this.
  4. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

CSA Farm Boxes? Farmer's Market? Depends on what you have to sell and of course local regulations etc.

5. mart

mart Strong Ash

Farmers Markets usually do very well as a starting point !