Short Story Thread (Just for fun!)

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Sapphire, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

Thought it would be fun to try this on here. I wanted to get a thread going and we can use anything 'garden wise' that comes to mind in this thread! Make it funny, stunning, sad, silly, etc...just whatever comes to mind! I'll start it off and anyone can join in :sete_013: Here goes!

I was on my way up butterball mountain to plant my garden of lilies and garlic when I tripped over my shovel and fell flat on my face in a patch of...

Now have fun and add to the story as you like and lets keep this going! It keeps our creative side flourishing :sete_010:

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Tetters
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

Yep! You got it! A patch of stewed tomatoes.... I decided Butterball Mountain was not for me and I was completely caffeine deprived so I stopped by Starvemybux for a cappaccino latte and headed straight to pick up my asparagus plants and ran into...

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

... a chap coming the other way with a basket full of fresh eggs and some bottles of milk. He nearly lost his balance, but didn't fall over because he threw his hands in the air and managed to balance himself. The basket, however...

5. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

..full of milk and eggs, jumped through Droopy's car window and landed right on a bag of bread and forced Droopy to go make french toast for breakfast...She found out she didnt have enough syrup so she though she'd...
    (hehe)

Advertisement
  6. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

go over to the nearby woods where a grove of Sugar Maples were planted, and Droopy decided to tap a few. The sap started flowing, and the buckets were filling, and as Droopy looked around she saw...

7. trudy

trudy In Flower

a wild hog an thought hmmm some bacon sure would be good with the french toast an looked around for something to catch the hog in when

8. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

a beautiful garden fairy appeared and said sternly "It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature" so Droopy had soy bacon and

9. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

and was much healthier for it. After breakfast she went into her garden and planted 4 dozen gladioli,

10. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

however, having had breakfast and all, the feeding just does not stop. Now the gladioli bulds need to be fed

11. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

So Droopy took herself off to the nearest farm to collect some cow dung. She gathered the cow patties in a wheel barrow and stacked them into big plastic bags. She put them in the boot of the car, but forgot about the big watering can, which tipped over and...

12. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Turned her entire car boot into a gigantic vat of compost tea. Well it was growing season, so she thought, well I'll just market this stuff! But when she went looking for jugs for it...

13. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

the only thing she could find were the maple syrup buckets from before. So, after processing the maple syrup and cleaning out the buckets, she went back to her car boot (? is this the same thing as a trunk???) and swimming in the compost tea was a...

14. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

mother duck and her seven newly hatched ducklings. Now thought Droopy what can I do with this little family? She went next door and asked if she could buy their small inflatable .....

15. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

(you guys are so hilarious! I love this!) ..doggie pool and thought the ducks would thrive there happily ever after..but! THey settled in her bath tub instead... so she had to move into her shed! Her couch wouldnt fit so...

16. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

she sawed it in half and used the wood shavings to soak up the compost tea in her boot. She then scattered them on her gladioli patch. As she went into the shed for a well deserved rest a rustling from inside one of the sawn halves of sofa attracted her attention .....