Should I move these peonies?

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Mrs. Hankshaw, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Mrs. Hankshaw

Mrs. Hankshaw Seedling

I bought a bunch of bulbs on clearance and put them in this little bed. I figured most were dead but I'd get a few to grow and I have. I now have three peony shoots coming up and I'm realizing I may have them in a bad place. The bed is pretty small and they are right up against the house. I really know nothing about peonies, what their requirement are or how big they get. Should I move them? Just put them in a pot or would they do better in the ground. Im also afraid of killing them in the move. Any opinions or ideas are appreciated.
    [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Mrs. Hankshaw, I don't believe you have peonies in your bed. They look like gladiolas coming up, to me. Peonies have compound leaves (nor are they narrow blades as they erupt). Is that a cosmo growing in the picture, too? I think if it was me I would leave everything right where it was for this year. Bulbs don't do well to be moved while they are growing.

4. Mrs. Hankshaw

Mrs. Hankshaw Seedling

Gladiolus!! I think you are right. Thanks. It's been a few weeks and I've already forgotten exactly what I planted.