Show us your Colorful combo pots

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by purpleinopp, Aug 14, 2014.

1. purpleinopp

purpleinopp Young Pine Plants Contributor

Let's see your colorful plants, combo pots, whatever looks great at your house at the moment!

I've been repotting plants this week, so thought I'd show some of the ones that came out best in pics. There's a bunch more, but if I didn't take a good pic, not bothering to show those.

[​IMG]
    Peperomia, Stapelia, various cuttings of epiphytic cacti. ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

[​IMG]
    More Peperomia, Rhipsalis, Sedum, etc... ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Sansevieria, Sedum, Echeveria, Kleinia. ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Kalanchoes, Senecio, Euphorbia. ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

Frank, eileen, Sjoerd and 1 other person like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. purpleinopp
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. chocolate
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

Good looking work, PiO!

4. purpleinopp

TY, Henry! I refuse to stop collecting more plants, but the number of pots reached its' limit a while ago.

5. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I love to get a lot of my houseplants outside in the summer. It gives me a chance to clean their winter quarters a bit, and they thrive in the dappled sun/shady deck with our humid summers.

[​IMG]
    plants summering on the deck ( photo / image / picture from Kay's Garden )

[​IMG]
    more plants "summering" ( photo / image / picture from Kay's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Ivy ( photo / image / picture from Kay's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Coral Bells, Begonia, Trailing Ivy ( photo / image / picture from Kay's Garden )

[​IMG]
    jungle deck ( photo / image / picture from Kay's Garden )

Advertisement
  6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Those look great!
    I've been getting rid of my stuff in pots. I put several in the plant sale at the church.
    I noticed the things that sold really well were the mixed pots, especially a combination of succulents.
    I had a couple of mixed houseplants that also sold well. Those were a struggle for me to keep alive and healthy. There's just not enough sunny spots in the house. And they hated being in the laundry room... lots of sun, but it's not air conditioned. So I basically had to go to the store a few days ahead of time and buy a couple new plants to replace the straggly ones.
    I like these combinations and will have to remember to check back here so I can copy them. :stew2:

purpleinopp likes this.
  7. purpleinopp

Kay, I love everything in your pics!

Cheryl, I'm an always-in-recovery, trying to be former overwater of epic serial killer levels, and packing pots with more plants is one of the ways I was able to start turning things around a few years ago. A multitude of plants uses the water more quickly, sends roots more thoroughly throughout the pot, and just looks really cool to me. I've developed a serious aversion to being able to see the soil in pots. I just want to see plants.

I too struggle with having enough 'good' spots for plants for winter, so also gave up on assuming all can or will look great during that time, which is luckily short for those of us in almost-warm-enough climates. I'm still in the learning process of knowing what various light levels will do to each plant, but a lot of plants can recover extremely well after going back outside from getting to look really crappy inside. Part of coping with that is letting them get quite dry. Cane Begonias are at the top of that list. Not ideal, but allows a much higher number of saves each winter.

The better thing to do would be to buy with winter in mind, but I sure don't!

[​IMG]
    Coleus, Plectranthus (Cuban oregano,) that I thought needed some Tradescantia. ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

This Coleus is called Florida Sun Jade, BTW.
    [​IMG]
    More of the same Coleus, Begonia, Callisia fragrans. ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Coleus, Tradescantia zebrina, Chrysothemis pulchella. ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

Need more places to hang pots here! Working on that...

[​IMG]
    Various hanging pots that need a place to hang! ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

Syngonium and this Begonia look cute together, I think.

[​IMG]
    Pink Syngonium and Begonias. ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

eileen, Frank, Sjoerd and 4 others like this.
  8. purpleinopp

Thanks for the seeds and patch!

Here are a couple more pics I took over the weekend.

[​IMG]
    Passel of Philodendrons. ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Aglaonema and wax Begonia. ( photo / image / picture from purpleinopp's Garden )

Cayuga Morning, eileen and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You ladies have some clever combinations there. They look quite nice as well.
    Well done.

10. Kay

[​IMG]
    Colorful plant deck 2014 ( photo / image / picture from Kay's Garden )

[​IMG]
    burst of color from the containers ( photo / image / picture from Kay's Garden )

This is my "plant deck". I have a collection of pottery I love to fill with annuals. Theu have thrived this year.

11. Georgia Girl Beth

Georgia Girl Beth Seedling

I only hope one day to have so many beautiful plants and flowers!

12. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Purple your pots look great. I like so many different colors and textures.
    Kay your flower combinations are so bright and cheerful. I really like them.

13. purpleinopp

Thanks, folks!

Kay, LOVE all of the blooms, wow!!

14. Kay

Thanks purple, I have really enjoyed the combinations I put together. There have been nice rains to help keep them pretty.
    The pics don't really do them full justice , wish you could see in person ;)

purpleinopp likes this.
  15. purpleinopp

My newest combo pot put together a few days ago. Echeveria, Pachyveria, Kalanchoe, Peperomia, some leaf babies.
    2015-05-07 016.JPG

Jewell, Frank, Kay and 1 other person like this.
  16. purpleinopp

These clumps of colorful plants were in pots for winter, now in the ground for temporary summer vacation. Coleus, Begonias, others...
    2015-05-14 006.JPG

Some extreme color on these plants! Peperomia 'Jellie,' Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg,' snake plant (Sansevieria,) Sedum morganianum, Kalanchoe blossfeldiana.
    2015-05-12 018.JPG