Smartphone Camera Attachments!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by S-H, Apr 7, 2020.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I really thought most of these were just play things, (not for serious photography). But I swear, I am today amazed! Seriously, these go far beyond what I had expected!

First let me show you what I got - And believe it or not, but these were so cheap, that I think I had formed an unfair opinion in my mind, before I even used them, (assuming that for this amount of price, how can the quality be any good?).

Boy was I wrong... Anyway, here is what I got.

IMG_20200407_103246.jpg
    IMG_20200407_102815.jpg

To my surprise, these turned out to be made from real high quality optical glass, (not plastic). So they being scratch resistant is a windfall.

This pack has 3 lenses, one is a wide angle lense. While the other 2 are macro lenses of different powers. Wonderful thing about these 2 macro lenses is, that they both can be stacked on top of each other to create a 3rd power!

Let me show you how they photographed my tomato plant flowers

IMG_20200407_102113.jpg
    IMG_20200407_102205.jpg
    IMG_20200407_102321.jpg

I mean, is this amazing or what? :D

Here is the wide angle lense shot below.

IMG_20200407_102625.jpg

But that's not all. As I got a small smartphone telescope too!

IMG_20200407_104039.jpg
    IMG_20200407_104104.jpg

This too is all glass, but the optical quality leaves a bit to be desired. Still, I am not complaining. As the price is far below a pair of good quality branded smartphone earbuds. However make no mistake, as for it's small 4 inch size - The magnification is impressive!

IMG_20200407_125117.jpg
    IMG_20200407_104654.jpg

And finally, just as a joke - I got a 90° prism too. It's nothing special, unless like me you too are into covertly taking pictures or video, (like collecting evidence of someone's wrong doing) - While the person being photographed will be thinking that your phone is pointed elsewhere.

:chuckle: :rofl: :smt044

IMG_20200407_103946.jpg

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

S-H, How have you been, it's been ages since you were here. Congrats on the new toys, but how are your Sunflowers?

S-H likes this.
  4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Everything is great Toni! :D And now that I am back, you guys will again start seeing stuff from my garden, (sunflowers too). :stew1::stew2:

5. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

Welcome back, S-H, glad to see/read you, most always thought your posts to be interesting and informative.
    Hank

S-H likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Welcome back! Missed seeing your interesting posts. Clever tools added to your collection. :like:

S-H likes this.
  7. Acquanette

Acquanette New Seed

I’m new at this S-H. Those close up shots of your tomato blossom were AH-maxing!

I dabble a bit in photography so I am quite curious about those cell phone attachments. Just where did you acquire them? Did you purchase online and if so, Can you provide a link?

Thank you

S-H likes this.
  8. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I am sure they are available online in your part of the world too. How could they not be?

I am located in Pakistan, so over here we mostly use Daraz.PK, (AliBaba actually bought Daraz.PK last year). Amazon, AliBaba, and AliExpress are good too, but not very popular here. As they require a credit card, (a trend which never really caught in my country). So that is why we mostly use Daraz, (which in the Urdu language means your drawer, to fetch stuff from)...

https://www.daraz.pk/

It's very popular here, as they are COD, (cash on delivery). Meaning that you don't pay anything until the delivery boy rings your doorbell. But unfortunately, they doesn't deliver to the United States, (not yet anyway).

But I am sure a search on Amazon will also get you these. They are all made in China anyway. I guess that explains why they are so cheap.

In fact they are so cheap and common, that I see them, (or similar items of a different brand) - Handing from the racks of every other cellphone shop. Extremely common smartphone accessory actually.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  9. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I just did a search on Amazon myself. So here they are:

https://www.amazon.com/Clip-iPhone-...universal+clip+on+lense&qid=1588515792&sr=8-1

This one is even better:

https://www.amazon.com/Apexel-Lens-...rsal+clip+on+zoom+lens&qid=1588515924&sr=8-14

Here is the telephoto lens:

https://www.amazon.com/JAYLINNA-Uni...ersal+clip+on+zoom+lens&qid=1588516020&sr=8-5

I couldn't find the prism which changed the angle of the camera. But everything else is available. Lots of different types to chose from. No shortage of different types of clip on smartphone camera filters too, (which I didn't buy).

Acquanette likes this.
  10. Acquanette

Acquanette New Seed

Just figured out how to find your response. Thanks for providing the links. I will be purchasing them soon.

S-H likes this.
  11. Acquanette

Acquanette New Seed

S-H Ordered from Amazon! Thanks!

S-H likes this.
  12. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

From what I have seen over here up till now, (from the pictures you have posted). Your photography skills are far better than mine. So it will be very interesting to see what you will share with us next - Once these things arrive in your mail!

:cool:

Acquanette likes this.
  13. Acquanette

Acquanette New Seed

I got it and this was my first photo...without reading the guide. An emerging baby bell pepper.
    8460A753-1866-420F-9289-B4763BB17800.jpeg

Frank and S-H like this.