Smokey Mountains getaway.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Weekend away to celebrate our engagement! Such lovely scenery, so relaxing!

Our cabin
    cabin.jpg cabin2.jpg

The gorgeous creek that runs in front of the house. We could hear the water bubbling away as we sat on the porch, and through the open window as we lay in bed ... best white noise ever!!
    water2.jpg ronni in creek.jpg water.jpg

We visited Ripley's Aquarium while we were there, way too many images to post!! But I love seahorses, and they had a tank full!! And then just a great image of jellyfish!
    sea horses.jpg jellyrish bandw.jpg

And finally, our last morning there. So relaxing. And yes, we WERE wearing clothes!!! I posted this one on Facebook and my sweet daughter of course chimed in and told us off for not wearing pants lol!!
    last morning.jpg

It was a great weekend!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What a perfect way to celebrate your engagement Ronni!! Strangely we both have a 'thing' about seahorses - fascinating little creatures aren't they? So glad you two had such a good time together in such a relaxing place.

Ronni likes this.
  4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Congrats Ronni...What a whirlwind.....You deserve it sweetie...x

Ronni likes this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That is a great-looking cabin. Is it located nearby where you guys live, or do you have to travel kilometres away?
    It a good piccy spread....and again: A big congratulations on your engagement.

Ronni likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thanks Sjoerd!

It's in the Smokey Mountains, a small community/tourist venue called Pigeon Forge, which is a bit over 200 miles away....350 km to you ;) We drove there in a morning, about 3.5 hours, a very pleasant drive, through rural vistas and then some stunning scenery as we started into the mountains. Sometimes we share the driving, sometimes Ron drives, just depending on how we both feel. We take his RAM extended cab truck which is a bit of a gas hog, but very sturdy for safety, with 4 wheel drive should we need it. And sometimes on our various little get-aways, we do!

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well, I know where Pigeon Forge is....sorta. It is in the area of Gatlingberg isn't it?
    We went on a vacation over that way when I was a child...so I am not entirely sure about the exact location. I do remember the Smokey Mountains though.

8. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Ronni lovely pictures and what a relaxing and gorgeous place to stay...especially for your engagement very romantic.:smt060