so excited for spring!!!!

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by CritterPainter, Feb 2, 2012.

1. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Clearly, the house I just moved to had a gardener in residence at some point. I knew there were iris rhizomes all over the place (I suspect I'll need to divide them later on) but I was scouting the beds today and there are green shoots everywhere! Many crocus, I'm certain, but some others I'm not as familiar with as well. I'm so hoping for perhaps some unusual colors out there, but if it's all purples that's good by me too. If it turns out that the former gardener was a fan of yellow, I might just faint clean away, and since the tag on the JP climbing rose identifies it as a species that I researched and is a lovely yellow, I have high hopes. The house is all painted white, and i had thought to paint it a nice buttery yellow (isn't it silly, I look awful in yellow!) but now I'm thinking I'll wait to see what color would compliment the garden best. And, I'm just determined to figure out how to get pictures from my digi camera up loaded. I keep forgetting steps along the way! :stew1: Here's a pic from the net of my rose http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=21.73736[/img][/url]

Jewell likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Exploring a new garden is always fun, especially if you are not sure what will emerge. Good luck with your finds. We will look forward to pictures when you figure out the camera.

Jerry

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

That's going to be fun watching what all pops up at your new home. Sure hope you get the camera figured out so we can watch with you!

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Oooh, sounds exciting! :D I do hope you'll have lots of yellow in your garden. If you don't, you'll just have to plant some yourself. :stew2.

I remember the excitement when we moved into our house. What is growing outside, I wonder? It turned out to be nothing much, but what little there was gave us a nice start on making our garden the way we wanted it.

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

So exciting having a new yard and waiting to see what grows in it! Unfortunately, there wasn't much of anything growing in my new yard when I moved in. I changed that in a hurry :)

7. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

CritterPainter it will definitely be worth the wait. We moved into our place in 2005 in the spring before anything was up and blooming. What fun it was to see all the neat perennials the previous owners had planted.
    I had always tried to grow Blue Flax and it always died on me. Now out here they planted in almost every garden. I was tickled pink, or should I have said blue. They had also planted tons of different kinds of Daffodils. I love all the shades of yellow,orange, and white. Enjoy your growing surprises to come. I will be looking forward to seeing the pic's of them. :stew1:

8. rockhound

rockhound In Flower

spring

I got a camera at walmart and for the first year I had to use a cord to load the pics, what a pain. Then I got the SD card that gives you more memory AND it snaps right in the front of the hard drive. I use Picasa and the pics nearly load them selves. A few clicks and yer done!

9. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

I'm excited also to see what pops up in your new garden....i'm also excited...i have babies on the way in March....yep went a little plant happy!!!!

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

10. Theodoros

Theodoros In Flower

CritterPainter good luck with your finds :-D

11. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

cleaned out an iris bed today, they have really crept out into the yard, and they are really large. I'll definitely need to pull them up at the end of the year so I can get the beds weeded more thoroughly! And, i love blue flax!