So....I'm laying on a gurney in the ambulance

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by fatbaldguy, Jan 12, 2016.

1. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

when the EMT asks me if I'm allergic to anything. I said yeah, PAIN! A 72 year old uninsured motorist ran a traffic light yesterday at 45MPH and T-Boned me. Had I been a micro-second earlier, I would now be taking a dirt nap. Wasn't my time. Nothing broken or cut. I'm bruised and battered. Sore doesn't begin to describe what I'm feeling right now. A couple of separated ribs get my attention when I cough or move improperly. Trying to avoid the pills. I'm gonna miss work for a few days. Gotta find another commuter 'beater' car too.

It took me a good minute to be able to breathe again, and a good two or three more to gather my wits enough to be able to climb out the passenger side.

I had just put new brake pads on the front, and new drums and shoes on the rear. I'd hoped to make the car last another 18 months. (It was a 15 year old Hyundai, Accent) I was putting aside $100 a week toward a new to me car. Hadn't been doing that long enough.

Would 'Damme and Blast' be too strong?

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oh my gosh FBG!! I am so glad to hear you are OK, that sounds like a good impact! What the heck was that person doing behind the wheel uninsured??? They should know better at that age!!
    That stinks about your car ... I hope you are able to find a good used car cheap.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Goodness FBG! Glad to hear you are OK, that was quite the scare. What's your recovery time estimate do you reckon?
    While you are in pain I think the uninsured driver is in for a world of hurt also.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh lordy, I'm so glad you will be all right, as soon as the pain abates. What a horrible thing to happen, and to such a good person.
    I sincerely hope that the uninsured driver loses his/her license and gets some jail time.

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

SOOOOO glad to hear you are doing okay!!!! Could have been worse, could have been pushing up daisy time...so yep, it wasn't your time. Take it as easy as you can and hopefully you can find a good used car before long.

The price of insurance has gotten so high, many seniors on Social Security and maybe a pension can not afford it.....shoot many younger drivers can't either. We have uninsured motorist coverage on our policy. Not knowing the circumstances behind the other drivers actions and being not very far from the same age, I just hope the other driver wasn't hurt badly. They will probably get a big fine but most likely no jail time and could lose their license but that won't necessarily mean they will stop driving.

7. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

I'm certainly not wishing ill upon the other driver. I feel sorry for her actually. There may have been mitigating circumstances, as I was being taken home, there was another, similar accident in that very intersection.

The law here is very clear. License suspension is immediate, license confiscated, for a minimum of 90 days. No re-instatement until proof of insurance is provided.

Currently 'shopping' online for a new to us minivan. The missus wants a bigger vehicle, and I can just drive hers then.

8. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Yipe! :eek:
    So glad it wasn't any worse, wishing you a complete and speedy recovery, and I hope that your search leads you to a new vehicle that's coated with an extra layer of good luck. :fingerscrossed:

marlingardener likes this.
  9. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Sorry for the mishap, but really glad your ok.

10. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I am so glad to hear that you aren't hurt any worse! I'm sure you are in quite a lot of pain especially whenever you move. :worried: I hope your feeling better soon.

11. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

How I wish some drivers would pay more attention when they're behind the wheel!! He'll have a whopping repair bill to pay plus fines and points on his licence for being uninsured - let's hope it teaches him a lesson.:smt075
    Do give in and take the painkillers especially if you can't sleep for the pain. I'm just glad that you weren't too seriously hurt and I hope your recovery will be a speedy one.

12. toni

When you try to 'tough it out' and avoid the pain pills you are slowing down the healing process that your body is going through. Your body can and will heal quicker and better if you are not giving it something else to have to contend with.....the stress caused by the pain. You need to sleep well, naps and at night, that is the time when your body does most of it's healing. You don't sleep, then the healing takes a lot longer. So do NOT be a macho man, take the blasted pain pills and get better sooner. :)

13. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

I swallowed my pride, and a pain pill a bit ago. It may be close to nap time. Vicodin will do that to you I guess.

14. toni

Happy Healing!!! Sleep well.

15. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

OUCH!! Glad to hear you survived FGB. I hope there are no long term effects. Micro-seconds do count.

Jerry

16. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

FBG,I wish I could send these to you, but remember, it's the thought that counts!:heart:

View Photo Album: Flowers

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    fatbaldguy likes this.