Solar Pump Problem

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by azw1879, Jun 9, 2007.

1. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

The Solar Pump for my small water feature is malfunctioning, making a lot of noise (loud burring), but no water is travelling up through the hose (which is not blocked) to fill the small top bowl before running down 2 other bowls back into the main bowl.

It is a JWP-100. DC 3V 0.9W 320L/h. People don't seem to be able to help finding a replacement, perhaps one which would do the same job, as I don't wish to have to buy a whole new water feature just to get the same type of solar pump, which surely must also be supplied individually ?

Can anyone help me find the same type from a company in the U.K., preferably mail order, if I can't get to it ?

Hope you can assist.

Thankyou

C.J.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm not having much success at the moment CJ. Could you tell me who manufactured you existing solar pump or does it have a specific name? All the ones I've come across are kind of expensive. How much are you considering paying to replace the one you have? I don't suppose there's any chance you could photograph the one you have is there?

4. stuart charlton

stuart charlton New Seed

JWP-100 SOLAR PUMP MALFUNCTION

Hi,its Stuart. I have purchased 2 solar water features (from ebay). They were new items and within 6 weeks they have both packed up. I have also been unable to find a new supplier. I would love to find an alternative pump that fits. I may have to find the maker of the feature on the net and contact them directly. Its a real pain because I am sure most of these small water features uses the same pumps. Other info for those who may be able to help. the unit says: solar pump JWP-100 DC 3V 0.9W 320L/h china patent number ZL 2004200876563. Any help would be fab. S.C

5. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

Pumps pick up small bits of "stuff" and it causes problems. Try taking the pump out and running water through it backwards. You don't want a lot of pressure, just hold it under the kitchen faucet and run water into the outlet of the pump. Some of the small pumps have a foam filter on the inlet. You can also check to see if this is clogged.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

7. JEN

JEN New Seed

Yes I have found it on a site in the uk called dot lighting. It has a different number but is the same as I have been trying to get one as well