Somebody important lives nearby

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, May 27, 2020.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We have lived here for 13 years, and in that time the state road that runs in front of our property has been repaved four times. All sorts of equipment, workmen, beep-beep trucks and "road work ahead signs. This is a Farm to Market road. We don't have semis trundling by.
    Considering that Texas has very little infrastructure in good condition, our road stands as a shining, tarry example of what can be done. The only thing we can figure out is that someone who lives on this road is Very Important. We don't know who it is, but we're darn sure it isn't us!

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. mart
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:

3. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Same story everywhere... :rofl: Over here too, whenever any VIP (very important person) moves into any locality or neighborhood - The area very quickly gets a makeover!

If I remember correctly, it was George Orwell's book The Animal Farm. Which ended with the words: All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others...

:snicker:

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

No one important lives within ten miles of me,, but Texas DOT has done the same on the farm to market road here ! We are on a county road about a half mile from it ! But thats how we get to town ! I just figured the county needed to spend some extra money before the next fiscal year begins ! Any money left in the budget and they do not get as much next year !

marlingardener likes this.