Someone Put A Hex On Me.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Philip Nulty, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

It feels like someone put a Hex on me as during the period of 11 days in November,..everything was cast in my direction.

My 87 year old neighbor who was admitted to a Nursing Home locally was transferred to a Nursing Home in another County until the local one had renovations completed,..she died on the 3rd of November nobody told me of this,..i found out a week later in a casual conversation with another neighbor.

My cat 'Plain',..was poisoned and died.

My cat 'Clara',..contacted a Virus that kills the red blood cells,..he died 11 days later.

My TV packed in just outside the guarantee period.

I dropped my 'Passport external hard drive' and can no longer get access to 12 years of pictures and videos.

During the time 'Clara' was ill i had to stay up late some nights,..feeling cold at 0300 in the morning i decided to hop into bed with a hot water bottle,..it burst,..boy did i curse then had to curse some more when changing the bed clothes.

Despite all this,..things are looking brighter :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I hope your run of bad luck and loss is over now Philip. What a time you've had lately. :(

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. mart

mart Strong Ash

So sorry Phillip,,Hope nothing else happens. Why not just get an electric blanket ? Much safer than a hot water bottle and the whole bed stays warm.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  5. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Good gracious! That's a horrible string of bad luck. I sure hope that it's over now.

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Philip, there are companies that recover contents of hard drives after they fail. You may at least look into the possibilities. Lets hope you have had enough recent bad luck to prevent any more for a long time.

Jerry

Philip Nulty likes this.
  7. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Oh my.....such terrible news.....Hope your luck gets better soon. I am so sorry about your dear pets....that is very sad...

Philip Nulty likes this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mate...it sounds like a film scenario.
    Sorry to hear about the bad luck....but come on now---we have all heard about "the luck of the Irish", so things are bound to change soon. Right?

Philip Nulty likes this.
  9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I feel for you--what a devastating run. Please accept my sincere sympathies, and sincere hopes that things get better, and better soon!

Philip Nulty likes this.
  10. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Eileen,..it was a weird 11 days,..i can never recall anything like it,..i was nearly tempted to return to smoking,.. but no way was i going to get into that habit again :)
    ===================================================================================
    2ofus,..i think its all over now,..though i wont risk going out in the boat just yet :rolleyes:

===================================================================================
    Mart,..thanks,..it was a very long time since i used a hot water bottle so i guess it was perished and so burst easily,..i tend to be very warm blooded and seldom feel the cold but being up all night with the sick cat the cold set in,..i will invest in an Electric Blanket,..much safer and dryer :whistling:

Jerry,..yes i will look into that,..some of the stuff on that hard drive could never be replaced though lots of the pictures were converted to video and are on YouTube so i can download all that stuff.

I was reluctant to let it out of my hands as there are banking details in there,..these were safe enough with a Lock Box inside,..once i allowed someone else inside i will have to change quite a lot of things,..now that my 'Hex' seems lifted i will check some of the IT people here in town first :like:
    ==================================================================================
    Waretrop,..yes terrible over the deaths,..neighbor and cats as they can not be replaced,..things are looking better this week :)
    ==================================================================================
    Sjoerd,..lol at the luck of the Irish,..no matter how bad things are they could be worse we say,..reminds me of the Billy Connolly Song about his dog My Dog
    so i can see light at the end of the tunnel just now :like:
    Marlingardener,..thank you,..what a run indeed,..i woke up one morning and thought to just cover my head with the sheet and return to sleep,..no such luck,..Molly the dog needed a walk :rolleyes:,..yes things are looking better,..i bought myself a replacement TV for a start.

Tooty2shoes, Henry Johnson and Sjoerd like this.
  11. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Oh My Goodness - You're trapped in a bad movie! BUT the good news is all movies do come to an end and am sure your streak of bad luck is over and done!! Geez though that was sure a spate of bad luck stuff. Really sorry to hear about your cats though - really sad. The sun will come up tomorrow and shine bright.

Tooty2shoes and Philip Nulty like this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks for the link, Philip. I like Billy Connolly. He can be really funny, can't he.
    Funny song, that one.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  13. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

ahh, Philip! so sorry for the terribly rough patch. I do send you my sympathies on the loss of the beloved pets. sad. I am glad to hear things are looking brighter though.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  14. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Looks like things are going the right way now Philip :) Have a nice day and everyday!

Philip Nulty likes this.
  15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Thanks Islandlife,..Sjoerd,..Carolyn and KK,

Sorry for the late reply,..alas the Hex or entry into the Twilight Zone didn't end,..i found myself with no Internet connection on Monday the 28th,..my Modem had packed in,..phoned the Internet Provider and a new Modem arrived this afternoon,..Thursday 1st of December,..so all is well again,..so much has happened that i have not managed to sort out any single incident and put it to rest,..instead fleeting from one incident to another,.. briefly,..when ever the Firewall i build up in my head crumbles for a short spell,..there is progress though,..my appetite has returned at last :)

16. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Oh MY Phillip- I can not imagine having such a streak of bad things happening one after the other. It would definitely make one think someone had hexed you. But thankfully you are on the rebound and now can once again get online for some email support. Hope the rest of your December and your New Year is filled with much happier happenings.

Philip Nulty likes this.