sparaxis and ixias - just leave them in the ground???

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by calinromania, Jul 2, 2008.

1. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

hello... one more q.

i planted ixia and sparaxis little bulbs in spring... and they haven't done too well... ixias are doing better, just starting to bloom, but the sparaxis ... are just small plants, no flowers.

Well, they are not exactly in sun as i just read they should get plenty of sun...

but i am thinking. since i live in a cold winter zone, should i leave them where they are... or move them in the fall to a sunnier area and still leave them outside during the freezing winter?

or it would be better to just dig them up... store them dry somewhere and then in spring just replant them outside???

Tnanks,

Calin

2. Loading...