Steam shower help needed

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by thomarv, Dec 2, 2009.

1. thomarv

thomarv New Seed

Im looking through a catalog my designer gave me of high quality steam showers. The problem is, is that he accidently gave me his version of the catalog with his prices, they were only $545 at his price and hes trying to sell it to me for $3500... there cant be that much profit margin in them is there? i hate paying $3500 for something that only costs him over $500... what gives. He offered me a huge discount of just $1500 for the steam shower but im still a little mad lol

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Pianolady
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

$3000 mark up is rather steep to say the least. :eek: Even with the reduction in price your steam shower is waaaay overpriced. If I were you I'd buy one myself and get a reliable tradesperson to fit it for me.

4. thomarv

thomarv New Seed

I think I found one

I just found a great one. Thanks for the advice.

5. Plumbing And Lighting

Plumbing And Lighting Seedling

Wow, that designer screwed up pretty bad, didn't he... Glad to hear you got something out of it.

6. HeatherM

HeatherM New Seed

I'm an interior designer and haven't heard of such high margins. Usually in Kitchen and Bath design, there is less than a 30% margin.
    Are you sure the price he quoted you was only the shower head? It may have included installation and other pieces to complete the look.
    If you are sure that the price was only for the fixture then I would look for a new designer.
    Good luck!