Stihl FS90 or Husqvarna 326LS

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by Aderek, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Aderek

Aderek New Seed

I need a weed eater. I have it narrowed down to these 2 models.
    Any other suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks

Gail-Steman likes this.
  2. Odif

Odif Young Pine

I have a modern stihl fs 460. Good machine and your weed eater will last for years if you get a Stihl. I recommend this machine. I have no experience with husqvarna so I can't comment.

Gail-Steman and Catdaddy6676 like this.
  3. Haskell

Haskell New Seed

I own a Husqvarna gas weed eater,It is really good. It's not too big to make trimming in the house, but it's not too small to break high grass and to keep the hunt. I think the moment I bought it was less than husky.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Gail-Steman likes this.
  4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I like Stihl products. I have string trimmer and chainsaw and am very happy with both.

Gail-Steman, Catdaddy6676 and Odif like this.
  5. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Those are two radically different machines. I would get the husky given the limit of your choices. Here is why:

The stihl is a 4 mix. That is a 4 cycle engine. I have one on my stihl polesaw. You must set the valve lash from time to time as a maintenance item or it will neither start nor run well. It is a bigger motor than the husky at 29cc vs 25cc but runs slower with more torque than the husky 2 cycle and is heavier by about 3 lbs at 12 lbs vs the husky 9 lbs. I have a stihl FS85X The X designate a hollow driveshaft for even lighter weight, but that tradeoff means no brushcutter allowed, trimmer mode only.

Also, you did not state intended use. This is a problem in the world of specialty use machines. I have a front yard that is almost an acre. I use a battery powered trimmer now, even though I have 2 gas trimmers. You should check them out. Especially since the second generations have hit the shelves.

Gail-Steman likes this.