Stone fruits lagging

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by CardinalJester, Jun 23, 2019.

1. CardinalJester

CardinalJester New Seed

A203474F-3BBA-4EE4-A31B-F0211FF4E4BC.jpeg A2B14392-1D9C-40D7-9E21-A297C6F72BBE.jpeg So I have nectarine, apricot, and Santa Barbara peach trees. The apricot tree just finished its harvest, and we got ~30 or so fruits (squirrels got a bunch). The peach tree dropped all of its set fruits except one. The nectarine only set four. My question is, are they done? Stone fruit season is pretty much over out here, and the little they have haven’t gotten any bigger in over a month.

Odif likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Your peaches and nectarines will ripen later. They will not make flowers until next spring.

Growingpains likes this.
  4. mart

mart Strong Ash

I am in Texas and nectarines and peaches here are slightly larger than golf balls !
    They are later than usual for some reason,, could because of all the wet weather !

5. clarc

clarc New Seed

I did Biology at school and I remember a lot of discussion about fruits and seeds, and what is what.

A cherry stone, is self explanatory, a hard round object. I suppose they could have called it a cherry pebble but they didn't.

'Pit' sounds slightly unusual to me, but I am familiar with it.