Storm Protection for my garden.

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Sharalyn Anderson, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Sharalyn Anderson

Sharalyn Anderson New Seed

Hey guys,
    I had a horrible experience with hail this year and my garden took a beating. It was then that I made my mind up that I need to design or buy some sort of protection for my garden.

This will need to protect my garden from strong winds, hail and hard rain. The area we live in here in Minnesota gets really, really windy and last year it was so bad it caused my tomato plants to all fall over even with the metal rods in the ground.
    The hail this year like I said above pounded my garden and I believe had something to do with this fungus that I now have to battle with on my plants.

I did some research to try and find portable protection that I can put up and then take back down with ease. However, I didn't find anything.
    It then got me thinking that I could probably invent something to go over my garden that would have legs that fold in and fold back out to stick in the ground to hold up the protector. The top I was thinking can be made of heavy duty tarp or a very light weight plywood so it wouldn't be heavy for me to lift and put together.
    So after it was all put together, it would look like a large table with my garden underneath it. However, it doesn't help with the wind or hail blowing on the sides. So does anyone else have any ideas?.

I need to get prepared for next year.
    I have a pretty long garden, so a green house type thing would not be long enough.

Let me know if you guys know of anything or have any ideas. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  2. Loading...