summer pudding

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by Logan, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

This is great to use left over bread. I sometimes change the name to what season it is.
    Summer pudding
    20210418_091105.jpg
    4 thick slices of white bread
    1lb summer fruit it could be a mixture what ever you want. I am used redcurrants and gooseberries from the freezer.
    1/4 pint of water or fruit juice
    11 Oz sugar
    You can put some spice in if you want, cinnamon or a mixed spice for puddings.

Method
    Put the fruit, water, sugar and spice in a saucepan and simmer until the sugar has dissolved and the fruit is soft.
    While that's doing cut the crust off bread and cut the slices into quarters.
    Strain the fruit in a seive and put aside having the fruit juice mixture in another bowl.
    Soak 8 peices of the bread until it's soft then put in a bowl.
    Spoon the fruit on top then do the rest of the bread and put it on top of the fruit.
    Serve hot or cold with what ever you want. Today I'm serving with ice cream, sometimes it will be custard or cream.

Frank, Sjoerd, Jewell and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

That would sure look pretty layered with whipped cream in a parfait glass !

Logan likes this.
  4. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yes it would be because the bread will be very soft, I suppose that it could be a frozen dessert as well as long as nothing has come out of the freezer before hand, because it's not right to re freeze everything unless it was going to be heated up well.