Teddy Bears...

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by Sherry8, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

As some of you know, we downsized by not having a basement when we moved to Lake Winneconne. I collected so many things before and after we got here we knew more had to be donated or given away. I donated most of my different plate collections but I was hesitant to give up my Bear collection. Most of which are Boyd's Bears I bought from QVC. After thinking about it I decided to make a wreath....first I had to look for a wire frame...after I finally found it and it ended up not being strong enough for so many bears. My husband cut a piece of board to put behind it to give it strength. I ended up using about 3 other types of bears because I needed a certain size in some areas. This is what I ended up with...I have it hanging over my computer. It is quite large.

December 5, 2017 079 (2).jpg

Frank, eileen, Odif and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That is absolutely adorable.
    I'll bet that you keep that for a long time...any grandchildren you may have will no doubt be wild about it.
    Really, a smashing idea.

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

that is darling. well done.

5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I have bears sitting all over the apartment. I haven't made a wreath but had a small Christmas that they all sat under. I don't have as many as I did have. At one time I had over 400 bears of all sizes. I only have about 50/60 now. I haven't counted them recently. But, I can sit here at the computer and see them all around me. There are some sitting under the Christmas tree, too. dooley

Advertisement
  6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Thank you Sjoerd, Carolyn and dooley. I do have a few larger boyd's bears in my bedroom. Yes grandchildren but they are pretty grown up now. We do have a great grandson and 2 special young ladies that my Grandson is seeing their Mother. I had furniture for the bears to be displayed on but I donated it because of less room here.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Now that's the perfect way to store your little bears without them taking up too much space. I've tried counting them but I keep getting a different amount each time. :smt119

8. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Super cute. Terrific idea.