The beginnings of my windowsill garden

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Saproxylic, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Saproxylic

Saproxylic New Seed

I moved in my new apartment (first time I'm living relatively on my own) and had zero plants in August, now in November I have 11 pots and counting! Some are still babies or cuttings taking root, but I'm getting there!
    20161107_124030.jpg
    My ZZ plant (the first one I got) and baby Jade plants I got from a friend in Uni (I have no idea why my photos keep getting rotated wrong, no matter what software I use)
    20161107_124046.jpg
    My Mammillaria cactus mom (the oldest in bunch, got her like 12 years ago in a plant fair, she lived with my Grandma for a while) who flowers white, when happy, and a baby I broke off in hopes of it taking root!
    20161107_124110.jpg
    Two pots of Peperomia cuttings guys here on Gardenstew were so kind of guiding me through rooting and a baby Spider plant
    20161107_124439.jpg
    A few cuttings of some variety of small leaved, purple undersided Jade, an Aloe vera I bought from a guy who sells apples and occasionally houseplants in a stall by our local supermarket, and an English Ivy, who's cuttings I ''borrowed'' from a big one in Uni
    20161107_125110.jpg
    A Snake plant I bought from the same apple guy, the smallest leaf in the front was three times smaller when I bought it!

Jewell, Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Loading...

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Everything looks great. You are going to run out of windowsill soon. You may have to find another one soon...

eileen and Saproxylic like this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You have a nice variety of houseplants there. I live in a flat as well, so there is no chance of outside gardening at home...that's why I have a lottie. I hope that those windowsill plants continue to do well for you. There are so many different kinds of houseplants. Keep posting please.

Saproxylic likes this.
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

All your plants look fit and healthy. What a lovely selection you have there and, I have a feeling, we'll soon be seeing more babies from you.:stew2:

Saproxylic likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Quite a collection you have there Sap. They all look healthy & I like your selection of pots for them. Good luck with your gorwing efforts. Let me know if you would like a clivia seed to try growing. I have some that are almost ripe.

Saproxylic likes this.
  7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

You have a very nice collection of plants and they all look very happy and healthy. I enjoyed your photos of your plants and look forward to more. :)

Saproxylic likes this.
  8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Very nice collection and all looking very healthy and happy. Keep up the good work!!!

Saproxylic likes this.
  9. Saproxylic

Saproxylic New Seed

Thank you guys! I really enjoy my little garden and I'm a bit sad that it's winter and they aren't getting that much sun. Also, I already have a long list of plant buddies I want to add to the collection. I'm eyeing a Pothos in my Uni, that looks like a good cutting material (Though I'll have to be sneaky as it's in a common area, not inside my department) and my local home improvement store has a nice selection of all different kinds of red and striped Peperomias, and I really want to get a big shallow pot and make a succulent arrangement!

And, Cayuga Morning, I would really love trying growing Clivia, but I don't think it's legally all ok to send home grown seeds from US tu EU, I'll see if I can get any locally though!