The Big Picture - June 3rd Walkaround

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Pianolady, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

I put away the macro lens today, and tried to get a few "big picture" photos. It's about to switch from Iris to Lily season, so these are before-lily pics.

One of the things I was concerned about last year was choosing a dark instead of our old light color for the house, and how it would be as a background for the garden. I like the dark just fine, whew!

Front Yard
    Got outside a little late and have shadow on the house, it's not really this dark.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm really fond of this berm in the front. The two cherry trees are directly behind. There's going to be a bumper crop again this year.
    [​IMG]

The back yard is full sun to full shade, and very old trees. This is our noon sun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frank, Mrs. Galeassi, donm and 10 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Pianolady
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

No wait...don't quit now...I need to know what all these buildings are....How cool are they?????

That little in the 4th picture and Oh!Oh! please explain the 6 picture?????? Whatever are all those buildings?????

Oh let's go back to that little building. You have such cute things on the sides of it. Why don't you plant some Hosta around the edges of it. Wouldn't that be sooo cute.

I just love all your buildings and property. Thanks for sharing and taking us on the walkabout. Let's do it again sometime....PLEASE?

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Oh boy! One of favorite things... getting to see everyone's entire yard/gardens!
    I like that color and trim on your house (mine is probably just a little lighter shade of gray). It think it makes a lovely backdrop for the green grass and all the flowers. Your front yard is so welcoming! And your new back deck must be a favorite spot... I know I'd spend alot of time up there looking down on all that prettinest!
    Can you show these same views again when things to change up again?

5. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

The two sheds are just home improvement store kits with added fake windows, trellis, cast iron hardware handles and planter box supports that are purely decorative, and painted mural or insects with acrylics. Hubby also added vents to the roofs for letting in light as well. Here's an early pic when we first built it. This shed has bees and lady bugs painted on it.
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately one of the planter boxes needs repair, maybe that will be a project for this weekend so I can get them planted! Here's a pic with them planted.
    [​IMG]

I couldn't find any pics of the other shed, might take some tomorrow. The two carports are our's, anything else you see belongs to the neighbors.

The 6th picture is a view of the back yard looking towards the house from the vegetable garden. We have a driveway into the back yard from the road that goes by, thus the carports in the back. This is a reverse photo taken from the deck looking back towards that road.
    [​IMG]

Frank, Henry Johnson, Jewell and 2 others like this.

Advertisement
  6. waretrop

Oh the sheds are wonderful. I love them. Nice gardens to btw... :D

Sorry for the nosyness....It's all just so splendid.

7. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Thanks! I don't mind nosy, ask away. I can always take more pictures, they're free! (Don't miss film cameras)

Jewell likes this.
  8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Your garden looks wonderful Pianolady! I love the way the house turned out, the color is perfect! Your sheds are cute too and I love the mature trees you have. I don't miss film cameras either :)

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You've made so many improvements since the first photographs I saw of your home and garden. Now it's a really beautiful spot to live in and you should be proud of yourself for bringing about such a lovely transformation.

10. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Eileen... now you have me going down memory lane, looking at older photos. I remember 2003 & 2004, I just had to have an annuals flower garden where the vegetable garden is now. It was pretty, but I couldn't afford to do that now. I was younger and more ambitious then!...and flats of flowers were a lot less expensive then. Now I want my food instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Your flower beds were gorgeous but with the price of flats I can see why you now have veggie beds instead. I love your garden as everything flows so nicely and now that the house has been redone it's worthy of the front cover of any gardening magazine.
    If I was one of your neighbours I'd be over for a cuppa most days just so that I could sit and contemplate your garden or wander around with you discussing what's been done and what you want to do next. I think I'd hold you back though so it's just as well I live in Scotland isn't it? :D :D

12. waretrop

Everything is beautiful no matter what you do. Very nice spread ya got there....and did I mention that sure is a cute little outbuilding....???? :-D :-D

13. Mrs. Galeassi

Mrs. Galeassi In Flower

I absolutely love the shed! You did a great job on everything. It has a nice cozy feel to it. :)

14. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Love that last photo... that sure was beautiful! But I can understand not spending all that money on annuals.

15. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

PL--Your house color came out very well. I agree with others who said that it contrasts nicely with the lawn & flowering beds. I also really liked the bird's eye view of your backyard. Was that taken from the new deck or an upstairs window?
    Beautiful gardens. I envy your vegie garden.

16. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

CM- Thanks, and those pics are taken from the deck.