The color of my braces....

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Crazy Orchid Lady, May 19, 2006.

?

What color should my braces be?

Poll closed May 23, 2006.
  1. Purple

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Green

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Red

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Orange

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clear

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Regular old metal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Crazy Orchid Lady

Crazy Orchid Lady Seedling

Ok all, since I really trust you guys I need some advice here :D . I'm 45 years old (female) and am finally getting my dream of getting braces and getting my teeth straightened.

The problem is.... what color should my braces be? :D :sete_054: They come in all kinds of colors including purple, green, orange, red, and even boring metal and clear.

If you'll help me out with this, I promise to post a photo of me with them on when I get them (process starts on Tuesday) and let everyone know the results of the poll.

Thanks,

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Clear, all the way C.O.L. Not that's there's anything wrong with seeing the braces (I had them for 3-4 years myself). I suppose it depends how much you want to show them off. To make the biggest impression why don't you get them in green and orange to match the GardenStew logo colours hehe :D

Best of luck!

3. Crazy Orchid Lady

Interesting idea - green and orange - kinda like it. Lets see what others say and we'll take it from there. :-D

4. Frank

If you got them in green and orange you would be carrying the Irish flag around with you wherever you go (the white part of the flag coming from your teeth) :D

Advertisement
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gosh what a range of colours you have to choose from. We don't get a choice - it's metal or nothing!!! :( If you get blue ones then you'll have the colours of the SCOTTISH flag. (Blue and white.) Not that I'm trying to compete with the Irish or anything. :smt059

6. Crazy Orchid Lady

And if I get them in Red and Blue (along with the white of my teeth), I'll be carrying around the United States Flag (coincidently the country I live in).

Just talked to the orthodontist and he said I'll be changing braces about every 4 weeks so I can do all sorts of color combinations! Yipeee! A close friend of mine said absolutely do NOT do clear - it doesn't fit my personality, that I should definitely do some outrageous colors - something fun - it apparently fits be better. Whadya' guys think :setf_007: ???

Oh yea, btw, I just love the smileys on this site - they're soooo much fun! :setf_023:

7. Crazy Orchid Lady

Eileen... you didn't vote - I NEED you!! Please???? :D

8. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

I voted purple, because it isn't generally the color one expects to see, and I like it, heh. My daughter went with clear and then had rubberbands that she would change according to the season or holiday at hand. They even have glow-in-the-dark rubber bands!

My son chose camouflage for his retainer - I told him he better not sneeze out in the yard and shoot it out of his mouth, because we'd never find it. :-D

Go you, getting your teeth done!

9. Crazy Orchid Lady

I like the idea of changing the rubber bands! Maybe I can get the colored braces and accessorize with the rubber bands :D Great ideas everyone, keep 'm comin.

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I voted for purple too. Always have loved purple and since hitting 50 (a couple of years ago :D ) I have returned to my childhood favorite.

Can hardly wait to see the picture of you in the colors . If you are going to change them every 4 weeks we will expect a picture each time.

11. Crazy Orchid Lady

Deal! :D :D :D :p :p :-D

12. Crazy Orchid Lady

Update on braces

Hi all, just wanted to give an update on my braces thing.

I saw the otho guy today and I'll be getting them put on tomorrow :sete_010: :sete_056:

Have decided, unfortunately, to go with clear and I can change the rubber bands every day if I want. Cost prohibitive, REALLY prohibitive :sete_019: to go with the colored braces. Sorry to dissapoint everyone.

The good news is this - one - I'm able to get them on 6 weeks faster than "normal" (I begged and won! - my boyfriend calls me a princess :headbang: ) AND two - the rubber bands come in over 50 colors so I'll be able to change them as my mood fits.

Soooooo. I guess I'll talk to ya'all on Thursday after its all over :sete_042: , I promise to post photos then.

Thanks for everyone's support.

13. Frank

You sound really excited C.O.L! I hope everything goes well. Looking forward to hearing how you get on :sete_049:

14. Crazy Orchid Lady

Photos as promised

Ok, everyone... here they are - my new braces. No laughing, please, I'm self concious enough about this whole process! Geeze - imagine, a 47 y/o single female with braces - and you wonder why I'm single!! :'(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Oh Orchid!!! I would never laugh at you.You are really beautiful!! I'm so glad you posted your photo for us! It's really good to know what you look like!! Now we can put a face to your name!