The eagles are active...

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by Sherry8, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

It has been a great morning...we have been watching the eagles flying around...I think they know that spring is close and the ice is thawing so we have open water in areas so they can fish...I love spring and I love all of the nature around us... This is the juvenile that has been coming around often. It is great to see the ducks swimming around too...Life is good!

March 16, 2019 273 (2) copy.jpg

March 16, 2019 245 copy.jpg

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good to know that spring is almost with you Sherry - wish I could say the same. It's been snowing here and the temperatures at night fall way below freezing. I'm waiting to hear the frogs croaking in the pond as they tell me that spring has arrived. Nature has a way of telling you which season it is without knowing the date - just like your eagles and ducks.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  4. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Beautiful shots @Sherry8 …it won't be long before we see magpies and crows here...the normal birds are breeding already :)

5. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Gail...I'm not sure i even know what a magpie is, I will look it up and check them out. We have crows /ravens all winter here. I just looked up magpies and they are a pretty bird, a lot better than a crow. Are they as noisy as a crow? I don't think we get them here or I would have noticed them...

Gail-Steman likes this.
  6. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Hi Sherry sorry for being late on replying...magpies do have a lovely colour mixture but the noise they make goes through you [​IMG] and they're terrible for black things in the garden pecking at them and the young are terrible :rolleyes: