The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I looked back on the thread to find an update on the renos :) It's looking great! You must be so pleased Daniel. Very exciting upgrades.

2. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Tater tots are a big hit for hubby. He likes them on a plate with grated cheddar, chives and sour cream....and then ketchup. ( oh my) hahaha

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -6°C and overcast.
    I've decided to head to the mall today, to look for some new work boots, and also try out the Aetrex 3D foot scanner. My sister tried one out on the weekend and couldn't stop raving about how good the results were, so I've decided I must try too. We have both inherited our mothers feet so this was very encouraging. Now to wait for my teen to awake so we can head out!
    First, coffee!
    Have a great day all :)

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy Monday! We survived the Super Bowl, aka the Swift Bowl. Too much talk too early, too much "excitement" about the commercials, and we had no idea who the halftime performer was, a celebrity we assume. I do hope the media can let go of the Super Bowl now.
    Today is cold and windy, so we are staying inside and taking the day off from outside work. Isn't it amazing that the outside work is immediately replaced by inside work?

Pacnorwest likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

@marlingardener it was def about Ms Swift. After I read she earned the NFL an additional $331.5 M in revenue. I decided I wasn't watching since I could care less about her and neither team involved. The commercials have become so over rated over the years. Oh it in the 40's today and tonight in to tomorrow we are expecting snow anywhere from 3" to 13" depending which weather outlet you want to believe.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    marlingardener and Pacnorwest like this.
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Overcast grey skies and wet…soggy … and smushythe whole game was a bit boring until the play off. What a nice surprise comeback. The swiftly deal was so unpleasant as was the 1/2 time show. I guess a lot of the old guys who produced commercials have not been available. But I regress things change…

7. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Current state of the new bathroom.

IMG_5378.jpeg

The walls still need little smoothing, then texturing, before I can paint. Then it's just finalize the plumbing and electrical.

There was a lot of tile and flooring the contractor didn't use. I took it to the home improvement-store (the one with the big blue sign) and they took it all back. Even individual sheets of tiles, they poro-rated them. I couldn't be happier with them about that.

There will be detail work for me when the contractor is finished. Im not happy with them, but I don't want to have any disagreements. I'll just do those things myself.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -3°C and snowing.
    I was just thinking on my dog walk how there is still no snow here, and how that will affect the water table this spring. Then it started snowing and it made me smile.
    I've got some beans soaking, and will spend some time canning them up this morning. I've been eating a lot of beans lately, and I need to refill the pantry shelves.
    Tacos for supper tonight, then off to the rink.

Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  9. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Well winter storm Lorraine is pretty much done currently 32 F and overcast around 7-8" of the white stuff on the ground.

Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  10. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

A terrific remodel… luv the colors and choice of additional bath coordinates. :sete_056:it’s almost done…:headbang:

Melody Mc. likes this.
  11. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Very exciting Daniel!

@Netty ....when you can your beans, do they go soft ( like the creamy store beans :rolleyes::p)? I've tried the tricks of baking soda, no baking soda, rinse, don't rinse....my beans are always firm. I tried Daniel's advice of making sure they weren't old beans and that helped, but still not what I'm hoping for. When I cook a little longer I often seem to overcook. Beans are my nemesis. I never thought of pressure canning though - do you find them softer? Thanks in advance Beano buddy. :)

12. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Today is a five minute sit while the eggs come to a boil for breakfast egg salad sannies tomorrow. It will be a very early start for a city trip tomorrow. Left over pizza will be lunch on the way home. There will be a quick trip to the larger grocery store AND TO PICK UP TWO KAYAKS!!!!! I'm so so so SO excited. I've missed kayaking. It's been a long time. But I'm especially looking forward to being able to hit the lake and go fishing in the early mornings on my own, while Hubby eases into the day. We've been saving and waiting, and now's the time. :) .....now I just have to wait for the ice to come off the lakes hahaha.

Netty likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -12°C and sunny. Theres a north wind thats blowing, making for a very chilly dog walk this morning.
    My bean project took way longer than expected, but I got it done! 3 canner loads, 3 jars that didn't seal (already made them into bean salad) and I have 40 jars for the pantry shelf. That should last a while! @Melody Mc. My pressure canned beans are a good texture, although I find that the northern beans are usually a little softer than I'd like. I don't eat too many of those so its ok. I like black beans and chickpeas, and they come out perfect.
    I've got some cleaning to do today, and off to the rink later.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  14. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Clear and windy currently 25°F

Melody Mc. likes this.
  15. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Winter storm watches are in effect for the Cascades, the Columbia River Gorge and the Hood River Valley Tuesday night through Thursday night.

The National Weather Service says potentially heavy snow and high winds could make travel difficult in mountain passes and along the Gorge, especially Wednesday evening and Thursday morning.

Forecasters say low-elevation snow along the Willamette Valley is possible, but unlikely.

They say the more likely scenario is that Portland’s West Hills and western portions of Washington County could see a rain-snow mix starting Wednesday evening.

Melody Mc. and Daniel W like this.