The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

Looks nice, Daniel.

Daniel W and Melody Mc. like this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -9°C and mostly cloudy with a strong breeze. It was a little nippy on our walk today.
    I have lots of housework to do today, and I've already got the first load of laundry going. Time is ticking and its not too long until I'm back to work, so there's lots of 'spring cleaning' to do.
    Have a great day all :)

Sjoerd and Melody Mc. like this.
  3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Unlike Netty, we are having warm weather. The temperature was 51 degrees at 6:30 a.m., and we are supposed to hit the low 80's by afternoon. I am mentioning this to make all you shivering masses jealous!
    The wild birds have been emptying three feeders a day, and making good inroads on the two suet feeders. This is their "starvation time." All the seeds they normally eat have been eaten, and nothing growing is mature enough to provide food.
    Our hens have no "starvation time" since they get fed and watered regularly. I'm surprised some of the wild birds don't just move into the coop and pretend to be a hen!
    Hope you all have a lovely and warm Sunday!

Sjoerd and Melody Mc. like this.
  4. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

TGIS! I'm so happy to have Sunday and be at home.

All of the seedlings survived without me hovering over them, checking and inspecting five times a day. Angus was VERY happy to have us home, although his "Hilton" is pretty deluxe accommodation. He has a covered wrap around deck, a covered dirt area that never has snow, a safe 10 foot wrap around 45'x 25' compound, timed lights to keep him calm and safe at night, and an insulated back bedroom with a heat lamp. All of his favourite stuffies were strewn about his compound, some frozen to the ground with snow on top. An elaborate stuffy rescue operation ensued, and all of his compadres are now drying by the fire.

Instead of the Hubby ever being in the dog house I volunteer to go sleep in the dog house. The hardest part is always leaving Angus, and the best is coming home to him. He is a country dog and would not do well in a vehicle and hotel room for a few days. He likes his Hilton. :)

Blueberry bran muffins are in the oven, and the rest of unpacking will happen today. The roads were awful so the drive was long, and the propane delivery followed shortly after we arrived home, so not much was done yesterday. There will be lots of ZZZZZ and movies in this house over the next few days. ( and maybe some seed starts....)

Daniel W and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement
  5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

@Daniel W - you must be so pleased with the new bathroom. I love how soft and bright it is. What a well deserved renovation - It looks lovely. :)

Daniel W and Sjoerd like this.
  6. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Currently Clear 30°F -1°C. They claim it will jump up to the 50's next few days.

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Woke up to a little rain which made the paved surfaces slick in spot with freezing .Currently Partly Cloudy 32°F 0°C. The claim is we will have a high of 55 °F.

Willowisp0801, Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  8. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 2°C and sunny. Another beautiful day!
    I separated and repotted some house plants yesterday, and I'll give a few to friends. I'm hoping to get some work done outside today, as long as the ground isn't too wet. If it is too wet then I'll start my spring window cleaning in the house. That is one job I like to get done before being called back to work. At this rate, I'm sure it wont be long!

Willowisp0801, Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 4°C and overcast.
    Yesterday turned out to be such a beautiful day that I spent most of it outside. Today it's going to rain, so I'll start the window cleaning. There is also a chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon! I've noticed that the days are getting much longer and that it is still light out at 6pm now! Spring is coming!

10. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Angus is a VERY fortunate dog to have you!

And I would do the same for Rufus.

Willowisp0801, Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  11. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Bathroom remodel is another step closer. Contractor work is done. I swept and washed everything. I installed the vanity backsplash today. It's one piece of "manufactured stone", and I didn't trust the crew with it. Easy job, but if upside down, backwards, or dropped on the countertop (same material, and the first one broke during shipping) I would not be happy.

Next (tomorrow) caulk the baseboards, backsplash, toilet base, etc, then paint a base coat.

One glitch, there is a leak in the roof now. The contractor says it's not their work, it's a pipe that was never sealed by the original builder 50 years ago. But interesting timing, isn't it? :suspicious: Anyway, plumber coming tomorrow to fix it and of course more $$$. I certainly can't fix it myself.

I went to the small hardware store for the "Liquid Nails" adhesive and caulk. I don't know why I don't usually do that. It's half as far away as the giant "Orange" one staff is more helpful, and they had what I wanted.

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  12. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -5°C and sunny. Yesterday we went from +11°C to -3°C in a matter of 10 minutes as a cold front passed through. Then we had wicked wind for about 5 hours, then we got dumped with 15cm of snow. Today the sun is shining and its a very pretty day.
    I'm off to do my regular Thursday errands and shopping trip, and by the time I get home the sun may have melted all the snow.

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mate, that bathroom of yours is taking you on a journey, isn’t it.

14. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Sjoerd, I'm not someone who likes to hire contractors. I've updated and renovated quite a lot in the past, by myself. I needed to hire for this one.

Construction is booming in my county, adding around 120,000 people since 2010.

IMG_0817.jpeg

So, all of the really good and experienced contractors are building houses and apartment buildings. For a small project like this, you are stuck with semi-amateurs. So there can be a lot of problems.

The good news is, as of now, ALL of their work is done! I have a bit more to do myself, maybe a week of work if I keep at it.

It's useable now. So far I'm very happy with the new bathroom.

Willowisp0801, Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Good to hear the project is winding down. Do post foto’s when it is all done.