The Last Rose

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Sjoerd, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh dear, Fall is really falling, albeit slowly...slowly and beautifully, as I have seen on the postings here. We have some decent colour as well.
    Over in the flower garden, is where the colour is...the remaining colour, that is.
    H.jpg

That is is the entrance to our garden. You can see some old, well-known friends there. If you could pan to the left from the gate you would see this:
    C.jpg

This view looks north-west towards the veggie section. I am waiting for that large ball of grass to chance into its Fall colours.

There is a certain note of sadness as the curtain falls on the garden at this time of year. I mean, there is the beautiful and richness of the autumnal display, but at the same time there is the knowledge of that certain future waiting in the wings. It is a time to wax romantic.Sometimes at this time of year one exaggerates the loveliness of the last of this or that. A typical element in a garden is the rose. The last rose. The last rose is then thought to be the most lovely and fragrant.
    D.jpg

2. Loading...

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I always like to see pictures of your garden especially since we are now in an apartment with no where to grow anything except indoor plants in flower pots. Fall has arrived here and the leaves on the trees are beautiful with orange, yellow, red and some green. I love fall colors. dooley

Sjoerd and Gail-Steman like this.
  4. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Stunning shots sjoerd and you have a lovely colour display going on there and your rose looks lovely...my two are still flowers with new buds.

Sjoerd likes this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks so much DOOLEY. I love fall colours too.

GAIL--Thank you for the compliments. I hope that your roses hold out a bit longer.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  6. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Sjoerd my lighter shade of pale on the back garden the buds are ready for opening and my birthday girl on the front should be the same ;)

Sjoerd likes this.